Anyone thought of adding music?

josheesley90

Local time
1:32 PM
this may be a dumb question but has anyone thought about mounting a car cd player, battery, and a couple maybe 4" or 5 1/4 speakers. ive been kicking the idea around in my head and thought i might able to get some good concept ideas from the masses. im pretty decent with fiberglass. i just cant get a decent concept down. any ideas?

use a lawn tractor batt. lighter weight. Mine on my boat lasts almost 2 days with 2 5x7 speakers. And use a USB thumb drive player, not CDs. The CDs will skip. The use use of some 4' speakers would fit better in small places. Must be facing your ears or face.

If used while stopped, do-able.While under power, not a good idea.First, you want to be aware of your surroundings, second you want to always listen for any changes sound-wise in your bike, a few seconds of noise caught early could mean small repairs or disasters, and possible injury.Lastly,... under power, wind, engine, and road noise will make the music unrecognizable.Put in earplugs and hum.

i think im gonna fiberglass pods on the handle bars for some 4 in speakers and mount a rack in the rear with a media player and a lawn mower or mobility scooter battery. i just picked up some pioneer 4 inch speakers. just need to start fabing.

i understand about needing to hear noises. im prolly gonna do something that i can take on and off. i mainly want something i can use to tool around to car shows this summer in my area. and rather would enjoy some of the attention it might grab. most of the time i do use headphones lol.

Wondering if CDI and or EMP will interfere with the radio. It might short it out or whine with RPMs. Just a thought. I know it screws up speedos and cell phones!

To each his own but on 2 wheels I want to be aware of all sounds when riding, safety. I should be dead with some of the stuff I used to do on 2 wheels when I was younger. It's a miracle I'm still here.

Back