Anyone tow a trailer?

akyramoto

Local time
3:47 AM
I've had plans to make a bicycle trailer for my Xtracycle & was thinking that I should design it so that I could hitch it up to the whizzer too.
Just curious if anyone has pulled a trailer behind their MB.

I dont like too many trailers that are on the market & can't afford the only one I like ( a 'bikes at work' trailer). So I'm gonna build one. Already have my rims & just got some 2" wide schwalbe big apples to put on them.:D

I pull a cheap kid's trailer, behind my motored bikes. Cargo only....not kids. works great for groceries, laundry, etc.
no high speeds....around 20-25 tops, for me.
Pulls better with a load... bounces a lot, when empty.

Here's a couple pics of "etc". (this was a "Slow Ride" home!)
100_1693.JPG100_1700.JPG

i have a kiddie one, but I just don't really trust it's durability. I plan to use it to pick up groceries & take the doggies to the lake or maybe go camping!

i could imagine it'd get a little crazy doing almost 30mph with an empty kiddie trailer.

well i have plans to use 'carry freedom's' free trailer plans. the basis one you can make out of bamboo, but I might use EMT conduit. Not sure yet. I just really want a more reliable axle on my trailer, as my kiddie trailer has quick release wheels ( no through axle) & I just don't trust them.

The retro "camper" type look is cool.

But I use a cheap-o kiddie type trailer. I almost don't leave home without it. There's always something I want to carry. It's held up just fine. There's actually two of them so far. One is almost ten years old. I've hauled some heavy loads in it. And it's holding up just fine. They seem to be just fine for the job and cost less than a fill up these days. Hard to beat.

have a cheap walmart kiddies trailer hooked up to my bike, can haul the kids comfortably at 20kms and use it for grocery runs, works fine for me, i think from checking out all the other threads about trailers, people are trying to over complicate, the simplier the better, alot less to go wrong, and the cheap ones could be easily upgraded to full axle etc. if your worried about there strength.

well i have plans to use 'carry freedom's' free trailer plans. the basis one you can make out of bamboo, but I might use EMT conduit. Not sure yet. I just really want a more reliable axle on my trailer, as my kiddie trailer has quick release wheels ( no through axle) & I just don't trust them.

I was actually going to do this too! I think EMT is a decent sturdy material.

Back