Anyone tried "American Chain Drive"?

It looks like the engine is running to a sprocket on the right. Is that somehow mounted behind the freewheel? It's not on a freewheel of it's own?

I'm away from the house where the bike is at this time but I recall it is mounted behind the freewheel

Here are two pics I had of the bike.

Attachments

• PC010003a.jpg
    PC010003a.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 388
  • PC010004a.jpg
    PC010004a.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 441
Hmm. I was looking at the parts listed on the IslandHopper site. The gear reduction unit is $60. Interesting. Does the unit itself make much noise? (I'm talking about besides the engine noise).

No, I don't hear any noise except for the motor. Maybe that's because the sound of the motor is loud enough to drown out the other noises. But I don't hear any other noise.

... And I dont remember them claiming it to be a 4 stroke, but 6 lbs even for a dry 2 stroke engine pushing it.

My mistake, I see it is a 2 stroke, 25:1 mixture. Don't know what the Mitsubishi calls for, but 25:1 sounds too rich to meet US pollution standards.

Thanks for the info on Bridgestone engines. I couldn't find anything about them searching the web. All that comes up is Bridgestone tires, or Mitsubishi cars.

Maybe the 45 dbl is with the engine off. ;)

The output gear on the transmission looks to be 24 - 26 tooth. The driven sprocket on the hub looks to be something like a 44t. There must be some serious reduction going on in that tranny. And it looks like it might bolt directly onto an R/S or Mitsu, etc. If it's not too much trouble Lou, could you give us some measurments? Specifically, the distance from where the tranny bolts onto the engine to the centerline of the drive sprocket? And maybe the bolt patern?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back