Anyone tried "American Chain Drive"?

M

mppardee

I found the web site for American Chain Drive and/or Island Hopper at
http://americanchaindrive.com/
but there is no talk about them on these forums. I was interested in the Titan 1000 kit. I found the web site very odd and there is no real technical information. I still thought it might be a worthwhile option to check into so I sent them an email:
Hello,
I am adding a motor to my bike and found your web page but need more specifications.

It looks like these engines are 2-stroke, but I would prefer a 4-stroke engine. Will you sell a titan 1000 kit without an engine and how much would it cost? Would you sell the titan 1000 with a name brand 4-stroke engine? Would another engine easily fit onto the titan 1000? What is the motor clutch size or interface? Where is the specifications page for these "BridgeStone" engines including dimensions, power curve, clutch characteristics, etc?

When riding a bike equipped with the titan 1000, can you coast down a big hill at 40 mph or will the engine brake you or rev beyond its range? Is there a freewheel and/or centrifugal clutch?

Do you offer different sprocket sizings to acheive different top speeds or better hill climbing? Your site says it can exceed 30 mph and up to 45 mph with pedaling, but it also says it only does 25-30 mph on a different page? The 35cc engine says 5400 rpm and the 48cc says 7000 rpm but the sprocket size looks the same, so is there different gearing in the engine box between the two models? What are the gearing ratios between the motor to drive box and drive box to sprocket on the wheel? I need the gear ratios and engine power curves to know if this will accommodate my weight on the hills while giving me decent speed on the flats.

What kind of warranty do you provide? Can you provide any bigger/better pictures of the gear box and mounting hardware so I can see the quality?

Sorry to ask so many questions but I need to know if this kit will do what I need. I will gladly post your response on the motoredbikes.com forums so others can learn about your product. It seems that this is a relatively new product so hopefully more information will be added to your site in the future.

This is the response I got back:
HI MIKE

WE'RE SOLD OUT AT THIS TIME OF ALL OF OUR ENGINES.
I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED WHEN WE GET MORE ENGINES IN.
I DON'T HAVE MUCH INFO REGARDING YOUR QUESTIONS.
OUR WARRANTEE IS 30 DAYS.
KIND REGARDS.
AMERICAN CHAIN DRIVE.​

I agree. I think, however, in the interest of fairness, we email the vendor the URL to this post and ask them to comment?

I agree. I think, however, in the interest of fairness, we email the vendor the URL to this post and ask them to comment?
I am confused...
I thought mppardee's letter was to the point on his questions, and the vendor said 'I can't help you',
why would we want the same response ?

All, sorry, my fault, I didn't quite catch the ending where mppardee said the post was going on motoredbikes.com.

If mppardee didn't tell the vendor he was posting his reply, I think it would be fair to give the vendor a chance to answer questions. However, the vendor knew full well what was happening here.

interesting...way to pitch in, mppardee.

i've had mixed luck with similar attempts with various sellers, but i always keep trying...

like i've said before, with some organization, i believe we could help define the future of
the MotoredBiking market.

American Chain Drive???

For what it is worth, (during my 3 month research of bike engines/bikes before my GEBE purchase) I came upon this company.

From what I remember, the bikes were all assembled & pretty reasonable.
(Considering you get bike & engine fully assembled)
If memory serves, they were the Chinese engines mounted to different styles of bicycles.

The main reason I did not "go for one" was all I had heard were NIGHTMARE stories concerning those Chinese engines.
So I decided not to go that route.

The site was very friendly & responded Quickly.
In fact, I may go & check out the URL & compare to what I saw last year at this time!

Starrman15

Ok, I Remember This Site!!

They had a few bikes I had interest in.
& they are not the chinese engine site.

I Personally like a couple of their bikes & still feel that they are reasonable considering what you pay for just a GEBE kit.

The O.C.C. Schwinn is a great deal IMO.
But ONLY IF IT WORKS!!
If it is junk, then what do you do?

Starrman15

Back