Anyone Tried This

inspectorcritic

Local time
1:06 PM
I'm thinking of buying a 12 volt 6 watt Dynamo charger and light then re align it to a cigarette male ~ female charger use it to charge my phone.

I did have some success on using a 6 volt Dynamo to charge a 6 volt 5 amp gel cell produce a brilliant light for 30 minutes then went dead and for some damn reason I could not charge the battery when using the light like an alternator on a car battery. Why is that?

Your phone charger when plugged into the wall converts 120v AC into 5v DV
A 6v dynamo makes AC voltage you will need to convert the dynamo AC to DC to be able to charge your phone.
DIY need a reg that will change 6v AC to 5V DC

The magneto coil puts out roughly 30~60 VAC and I've experimented with running small 110 volt switching cell phone chargers off the coil running parallel with the coil itself.

Using it to charge a USB rechargeable bicycle headlight.

One thing to know is that if a switching power supply sees less voltage than it will take to run it, it will not consume any current until the voltage increases above it's 'on' threshold. This should work with the magneto, as long as your wall wart is rated under 0.7 amps @ 5 volts.

So go start hitting those GoodWills for their old phone charger grab bags.

The magneto coil puts out roughly 30~60 VAC and I've experimented with running small 110 volt switching cell phone chargers off the coil running parallel with the coil itself.

Using it to charge a USB rechargeable bicycle headlight.

One thing to know is that if a switching power supply sees less voltage than it will take to run it, it will not consume any current until the voltage increases above it's 'on' threshold. This should work with the magneto, as long as your wall wart is rated under 0.7 amps @ 5 volts.

So go start hitting those GoodWills for their old phone charger grab bags.
Thanks for the info.
But I found running anything off the magneto coul will rob the spark even tried attaching a separate generator off the coil that was to be totally separate, it still rob the spark to the plug could not pull any hill. But I got a different 0lug now a E3 which suppose give more spark it does start easier in cold weather but the rest is yet to be proven what it boast

Back