anyone try the go-peds?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by astring, Jul 11, 2008.

1. astring

astring Member

<
  2. well now you know why they sold it

3. sparky

sparky Active Member

But of course. Pretty neat that guy put a Subaru on there!!

My friend bought the Riot, but IMO he got ripped off paying $1,000 for it. It's soo fun if you don't treat it like he does, tho. See here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMFSmLAFDlE

I feel like the whole point in having a GoPed is *not* to have a seat, tho... supposed to be more of a Segway-ish chariot-like feel. I would have opted for the GTR46i (Trail Ripper) if it were my money, tho. See here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW1HpzNlz9M

That C.I.D.L.I. suspension is what makes both the Riot and the Trail Ripper. Amazing innovation by GoPed... so maybe they're worth $700 each, but not much more than that.

4. stude13

stude13 Active Member

hi; throw away the ped and stick the go on the back tire.

5. astring

astring Member

6. sparky

sparky Active Member

I woulda bought a GoPed with a Subaru on the back for $150 anyday!!

7. astring

astring Member

he asked $250, I offered $100 (first day it was offered). i called back after a week or so and he came down to $150. I'll have fun with it.

8. mark2yahu

mark2yahu Member

The motor deserves better than being on a go-ped :)

9. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

What kind of clutch / output drive does that have?

Would it be possible to post a few pics of that detail?

I was thinking about putting one of these in frame and
    driving the front sprocket on a mountain bike
    Thanks
    See the attached pic

Attached Files:

10. sparky

sparky Active Member

Forbisher... where did you get that gas tank?!?

That's the exact one I had to take off of a friend's old scooter that didn't work. If he wouldn't have found that... I'd still be leakin' gas everywhere.

11. astring

astring Member

I am stuck on my daughter's computer which can't upload pics. But I will be at my bro's place today and I'll try to do it there.

It has a weird little mini chain with mini links. As for the clutch I'll post a pic as soon as I can.

I was having fun with it this morning. I had to adjust the idle and I got the idea that you have to push a lot on the low end, but it does move pretty fast once you get going. Forget about tight turns.

what a great idea about that mount.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  12. astring

astring Member

FACER, actually hands and knee. ouch. These things are quick and do not handle well on with a little sand on the road.

13. r5579

r5579 Member

They look pretty fun to me.