Anyone try these AUTES "chugus" spoke wheels?

One reviewer said spokes broke, I don't see how unless they messed up the rag-joint or hub adapter.
It couldn't be a rag joint that destroyed those rims, As you can see in the pic, the six bolt holes are already there in the hub for a direct bolt on for the sprocket, if the spokes broke, that was not the cause.

I have basically a rebranded hyper frame.
As do I...lol.

Attachments

• 1706146256475.png
    1706146256475.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 22
It couldn't be a rag joint that destroyed those rims, As you can see in the pic, the six bolt holes are already there in the hub for a direct bolt on for the sprocket, if the spokes broke, that was not the cause.

As do I...lol.
Yes, but have you accounted for human stupidity?

Still, it could be thick spokes of aluminum for all I know.

10 gauge spokes are sturdy but the Chinese ones compared to other countries could be sub par. I broke 8 spokes on my sidewinder with the snap on sheave but that was the original wheel with 14 gauge spokes.

I have a pair of them too. They seem pretty nice, haven't ran them yet. The only thing that bothers me is the spokes are all threaded from the same side making them have to bend over each other.

Some time back I posted a thread on them and the consensus at the time was positive. I wanted to buy another set but they are unavailable in Canada right now.

They were 100 CDN each. Such a deal. I just paid over 150 for a 6 spoke mag wheel.

Grain of salt: One reviewer broke a spoke, but there are many scenarios that would be user error. Didn't tension them, or didn't check tensions after the first few hundred miles. Loose spokes cause spokes to break. Also, they tried to tension them but went too tight.

Even if they are cheaper, the proper way to get strength with Chinesium is to go thicker/bigger, so they will be at least a step above standard Wally World bike wheels.

Back