Anyone try this with a Fat Tire bike?

RKSC2

Local time
8:07 AM
For my first motorized bike I am trying a Kent Devastator with a 50cc two stroke kit.

As expected I ran into some mounting issues. The chain was rubbing against the tire so I needed to offset the engine by 1.5" and had to bring it up as well because the clutch arm was hitting the frame.

Made a bracket out of some 3/8" aluminum plate someone gave me for the offset and almost everything looks okay.

Do you folks think the bracket will hold up and will mounting the head with spark plug to front work? I have a way to mount the carb but if it will not work with the head I guess I will have to get another bike.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 917
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 866
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 830
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 976
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 896
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 1,994
go ahead and use the spark plug front mounted although the ideal is opposite that.
will it hit the frame if you used a centered spark plug head? (which is what gives the best power)

I took some measurements and it looks like a centered spark plug head would hit the frame. I am still a few days away from firing it up for the first time but if it seems like its not making enough power I guess I could turn the jug and piston 180 degree. Would probably have issues with the exhaust then.

This is what it is looking like now. Had to get some more chain as it was too short and going a different direction with the carb /intake mounting and tube. Will let you guys know how it goes in a few days. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• mbfatbike.jpg
    mbfatbike.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 2,168
Hello can you tell me how it is working out for you and the dimensions and what materials you used nice job.

Wow, what a beauty RK,,, was it hard to get the engine drive chain lined up to clear the back tire... my friend to struggling with his fat tire bike,,, tire and rim on his bike is wider than the hub,,, there must be an off-set kit for those wide rims...

Don
He might have to buy a shift kit and drive the same side as the pedal's chain.

Back