Anyone used a monsterscooterparts engine?

kallsop

Local time
4:55 PM
This is the one:

Monster engine

I have no affiliation with the site, just want to know if that engine is compatible with the staton/bmp style rear friction kits, and how it performs. I don't know what the heck the power ratings is: "Max Power: 1.4kb/6500 rpm". What's that in hp?

The electric start version is only $10 more:
It's Electric

EDIT - I read on the bmp site that it is one of their recommended engines. Still, I'd like to hear from anyone that owns one.

Last edited:
I have never built a rack mount motor bike because I don't want to stop and get out of the saddle to restart it when needed. The electric start would eliminate that problem.
Sounds worth a try.

There's been a post on that already, someone was selling a kit with a monster motor, but put a different label on it. ( I /think/, not positive what the context was)

I couldn't find it searching, but there were a few posts on Monster engines, I'd suggest use the search function and look for "Monster" and "Engine", "Kit", etc. Search a bunch of times with different combos of search terms and you can pull up /some/ info.

I wonder how much louder this particular engine is compared to some of the other popular 2-stroke engines out there. The price is really good but not if they hear you coming a mile a way. I have a Huasheng 40cc and that sucker is louder than my Tanaka PF-4000 which is also loud. My larger Mitsubishi TLE43 is more quiet compared to the smaller engines. We're talking about the stock engine with the factory exhaust.

I have an identical engine on my scooter. It sounds just as loud as my Ryobi weed wacker.
I figure that if I can hear the exhaust note of neighbors cutting weeds on the next block over, it's a little bit loud.

Back