Anyone used one of these?

Wonder if one could remove the fuel tank and relocate a fuel tank on the frame triangle somewhere? That might help with the bulky appearance, and the need to refuel so often... I still like the idea of going 40mph with a 4 stroke rack mount... I'm bettin this kit would require a really beefy bicycle! Maybe a big ol' Boss Cruiser or something... :D

Mount that on a low stretch forward crank... the drive is pretty much bulletproof; could be an interesting ride.

That's a bit more motor than I would go for, but if I was going to go Rack mount again, that system with a smaller motor would be the deal.

:cool:top-heavy is my impression. a MITSUBISHI 2.2hp or 2.8hp pancaked pocket bike engine would be better suited in that position.

JMO, that HONDA GX50 fits well in the midframe of a cruiser or mountain bike.

Gx50

That's my next motor. They sell a kit for it, and you can mount it in the frame. You can even use most of the same stuf from our 2-stroke engines like the tank, sprocket, chains, etc. Just get the mount, engine and gear box, and you are set to go.

Wonder if one could remove the fuel tank and relocate a fuel tank on the frame triangle somewhere?

I was told by Denis at GEBE that the 4 strokes will not pull fuel from a low mounted tank as well as the 2 stroke. Aux tanks for 4 strokes do well if mounted pretty close to carb level. I am not sure... but the pulses from the crankcase work the pumping action for fuel transfer and the 2 strokes have stronger pulses twice as often as the 4 strokes.

Back