Anyone using Amsoil saber pro??

Dustin P.

Local time
2:58 PM
I'm new on here, and relatively new to motorized bicycles.
I'm currently running a no brand auto parts store 2-stroke oil at 50:1, I've noticed considerable smoke after the mix sets a couple days. I'm thinking about trying out amsoil saber pro and running at 80:1 as per their claims, if my engine fails I'll build a gt90 to replace it and move on using it as a lesson learned. Just wondering if anyone has personally used the amsoil saber. I would love the performance gains, and wear protection they claim.
Just wondering if I would be better off just staying with the cheap stuff to keep costs down.

I'm currently running a no brand auto parts store 2-stroke oil at 50:1, I've noticed considerable smoke after the mix sets a couple days. I'm thinking about trying out amsoil saber pro and running at 80:1 as per their claims, if my engine fails I'll build a gt90 to replace it and move on using it as a lesson learned. Just wondering if anyone has personally used the amsoil saber. I would love the performance gains, and wear protection they claim.
Just wondering if I would be better off just staying with the cheap stuff to keep costs down.
Opti-2 after break in---or Lucas lo-ash semi-synth.

Well I'm assuming my engine
Is broken in, I bought it used but I've also been pretty easy on the old girl too for 2 tanks. But I've heard amsoils claims and I'm looking for anyone who has used it, however I may give the Lucas a shot, I daily mine so I would like to keep costs down but I need to find a line between cost vs quality. Imma country boy, growing up the only thing I knew about gas an oil was for a weedeater, fuel for that was grab a small bottle off the shelf and pour it in add gas and slosh it around lol.
As you can Imagine I'm a little overwhelmed by some of this.

I use the amsoil dominator, but at 32:1. A lot of my friends use the lucas semi synth. Some even the wally world oil. They all seem to work fine in the right amounts.I don't think you will gain anything by dropping below 32:1 accept a poorer seal at the rings, and increased wear on the engine.

I daily my bike so I'm looking to pick up some performance. I think Reed valves and the expansion chamber I have coming will give me a consistent fuel charge and I'm already running 93 octane I didn't know if the oil made much of a difference

I'm currently running a no brand auto parts store 2-stroke oil at 50:1
Your gonna toast your engine @50:1 if you haven't already,
I break in @25:1 for a tank and then run @32:1 from then on with the cheap oil, sure you can run 50:1 or more with Amsoil and the like, but not the standard stuff.

Thanks for the input guys, I may back off to 32:1 but its seemingly happy at 50:1, I'll wait till the Reed valve and expansion chamber comes in before I do too much. It's running great no excessive heat, plug is a nice brown with just a touch of oil, I wasn't going to re jet until after I did my mods. It does 4-stroke when holding rpm

Back