Anyone using Amsoil saber pro??

Thanks for the input guys, I may back off to 32:1 but its seemingly happy at 50:1, I'll wait till the Reed valve and expansion chamber comes in before I do too much. It's running great no excessive heat, plug is a nice brown with just a touch of oil, I wasn't going to re jet until after I did my mods. It does 4-stroke when holding rpm
The 4 stroking could be a saving grace, it's rich enough to do so so less likely you fried the cylinder

Saber Pro will be pretty darn (too!) oily at 50:1, but will work fine. 70:1 or 80:1 is fine.

I owned a 1971 British Sea Gull 4 HP outboard that specified 10 to 1 gas oil mix.
It stated right in the manual "do not deviate" from the mix ratio.
It left a purple blue oil slick where ever I went.
Probably because they were using garbage oil at the time.
Things have changed in the lubricant world.

Last edited:
I daily my bike so I'm looking to pick up some performance. I think Reed valves and the expansion chamber I have coming will give me a consistent fuel charge and I'm already running 93 octane I didn't know if the oil made much of a difference

Put in some 108 Octane Booster with MMT, you'll feel a difference. I did with mine and it ran like a Raped Ape. LOL

Put in some 108 Octane Booster with MMT, you'll feel a difference. I did with mine and it ran like a Raped Ape. LOL
Idk..... How is that going to work out for longevity. As I stated I daily mine so I don't wanna be burning jugs and pistons left and right.

Idk..... How is that going to work out for longevity. As I stated I daily mine so I don't wanna be burning jugs and pistons left and right.

As long as you are using the right oil/gas mixture, nothing will go wrong. Used it many times with no damage.

I purchased a new oil... Champion wp2 synthetic race oil.
I noticed it running way smoother and significantly less smoke, also the cylinder didn't seem nearly as hot after a 16 mile ride.
According to the guy at the Kawasaki shop this oil is what ktm wants you to run

Octane is a combustion inhibeter for race engines to prevent per-combustion.
What are you getting at? If it's running like a raped ape then higher octane probably solved a pre-det problem that was previously stealing power from him.

Mmt? I think he means mmo or marvel mystery oil, probably a good idea if he's got the motor so worked up it needs an octane boost to keep s**t smooth.

What are you getting at? If it's running like a raped ape then higher octane probably solved a pre-det problem that was previously stealing power from him.
Could be.
My only point for nOObs is, don't waste your money on Octane Boosters, they do nothing for your bike, it just lightens your wallet.

Back