Anyone wanna comment? Recumbent

AZgl1800

I had a similar situation once riding one of my older Goldwing motorcycles ( '94 SE ) from Grand Junction, AZ back towards home in Mesa, AZ.

the road there is a 4 lane, divided by those infamous Steel Cables mount on posts in the center of the median.
Traffic is running 70+ and I notice in front of me, that a big black SUV is STOPPED!!!
Not slowing down, burning rubber, just stopped.

I look in my rear view mirror and see that another big SUV is hurtling down on me really fast, not slowing at all.
I manage to get slowed down to about 35ish or more, and hit the grass median and continue forwards as I try to slow down more.

I am roughly about even with the stopped vehicle in front of the Black SUV that I just passed when I hear a huge "KaWhump"

I don't turn around and go back, I worked for the Phoenix Fire Department, and I knew that multiple 911 calls were being made already. also, I am a computer geek, not a fireman and no medical training, so I am not needed.

always wondered how that ended up???

why did I quit riding that '94 Honda GL1500 SE?
Penske corporation bought it.
And yes, I am still typing as you can see.... that incident led to my retirement soon after.

Attachments

• Accident.jpg
    Accident.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 27

wheelbender6

I was admiring the motor mounts you made and suddenly realized that you built the whole trike. Nice!

DAMIEN1307

Staff member
I was admiring the motor mounts you made and suddenly realized that you built the whole trike. Nice!
You did notice that your referring to a pic taken in 2012 from a person that hasn't been in the forums since then???...Right???...lol...Take a peak at the date code on the top left corner of that very first post on this thread...lol...I don't think he is going to answer any time soon...lol...DAMIEN