Anything look wrong (pics)

Hey mister,
The slide is on right. I think when i installed it i tightened that ring to much. I still have the idle set to 4.5 turns. It runs pretty smooth, so I think everything is okay now.We'll see in the next few days. Thanks again for your input :) I'll post back as things get broken in.

Another possible, is the throttle cable getting kinked, or stressed in any way.. Bob (BlueCollar) spotted this when I originally assembled mine.. I had zip-tied the cable to the frame, and every time I turned right, it would throttle-up, but when I turned left, it would throttle-down. Best to let the throttle cable lie loose, but within reason. (have since run the cable between the clamps for the fuel tank, about 1-1/2 feet from the carb, but totally loose from the tank to the throttle handle. Same for the clutch cable, which is only held by the coil clamp screw, on the side of the frame.)

One thing for sure, as I've remarked many times, these bikes are a definite learning experience. Things to do, things you must do, and things you don't dare do. :eek:

Now, waiting for a email back from Bob.. last fiasco, a cargo strap fell into the drive chain, wrapped itself into the spokes of the rear wheel, and the other end, yanked into the drive area of the motor itself. jammed itself in between the chain & the sprocket. yep! Stalled instantly! took removing the plate over the clutch pin, removing the master link, and carefully rotating the sprocket with the clutch engaged, to get it out. (all in the field. Gotta love Multi-Tools!)

But, the ultimate dumb move.. The idler bracket, came loose.. and I couldn't get it to stay put.. So... broke out the torch, and applied a few spots to the frame and outer bracket piece.. Umm.. why do I smell burning plastic.. OH-SH**! I forgot to remove the idler wheel! Love the smell of burning nylon! time to replace that. :eek::p

Didn't I say these were a Leaning experience?

Stephen

Stephen

Received your Email.
Due to the Amount of people Interested in the kits I needed a bit of help.
I was Spanked by Carmen As to the way I use to take orders..( she cleaned that up with a invoice to help my Memory).
And I received A red bottom From Grandpa Rick for giving parts Away. He now takes care Of all
the Parts Ordering To assure re stocking .

I explained your Idlers problem to Rick ,,he says we should have them In stock But wants to make Sure.

Give us a call later as Rick is not home right now.

bob

It runs a littler slow right now (doesn't really make it up a hill:???:), but i have heard that gets better.

yes it does. the rings havent seated yet. matter of fact, if your kit has wrist-pin roller bearings, it prolly wont have squat for power, until after the
3rd tank of gas.

oil

Instead of normal 2-stock oil I just picked up Honda Pro HP2 100@ % synthetic
oil. I can feel a big difference in speed and torque. Synthetic oil doesn't leave nearly as much carbon in your engine and it run cleaner. Though I did pay 7 dollars for a pint its just worth it.

Back