Anything look wrong (pics)

wildkeith

Local time
5:12 PM
Here are some pictures from the engine kit that refuses to start. Anything look wrong to you?

Spark:check
Fuel in bowl: check
compression:check
clutch engaging:check
Explosion: :confused:

I'm thinking that the carb isn't doing its job. I'm pretty sure its assembled correctly. Is the gas not making it out of the bowl? I mixed 5 ounces of Castrol 2-stroke motorcycle oil with a gallon of gas. Really, as frustrating as this is, I'm also having fun figuring out how these little things work :)

Attachments

• main.JPG
    main.JPG
    868.5 KB · Views: 450
  • disengaged.JPG
    disengaged.JPG
    599.4 KB · Views: 355
  • engaged.JPG
    engaged.JPG
    631.1 KB · Views: 314
  • carby.JPG
    carby.JPG
    556.2 KB · Views: 348
  • 2t_motorcycle450x999.jpg
    2t_motorcycle450x999.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 281
Well what I see

Is a mess at the wiring... Whats the wire with all the exposed copper wire? I'd double check that area first.

Thats just the kill switch wires. Someone told me to take it off for testing. I am getting a spark, so that side of things is good.

I dont think your clutch is adjusted right. Is that all the swing on the arm from engaged to disengaged? Are you sure the clutch is engaging? Sometimes it seems like it is but with the engine compression the clutch just slips, so the engine doesnt turn over to start the engine...

thats about how much mine engages.. I tried adjusting the cable and such, and still thats it.
Also when i lock the clutch it place, it stalls becuase the engine tries to pull... not good...how should we go about adjusting it?

also i going to install a pulley for the clutch cable like LARGE did, to make my clutch pull a little easier

Lol... i ask a lot of questions huh? you seem to answer all of them Mister.. I greatly appreciate your help and advice

Well maybe it is just me. One of the first things I did was to replace the kit clutch lever with a bicycle brake lever, which might have more pull to it, which makes the clutch arm move more, along with a new cable and some oil. As far as being able to lock I just have a large rubber strip that is on my left handlebar to hold the clutch lever in when I need it. To adjust the clutch I just pulled the cable thru the arm and tightened the brass nut, leaving just a little bit of movement in the arm, if it is pulled too tight the clutch will slip, making it hard to start, loss of power, and wearing out the clutch pucks prematurely. Then if you need to adjust you can do it under carby, or on the lever...

I'd be willing to bet my bike that your wires are touching which is shorting out. If you make sure they are clear from each other you'll turn it over.

I'd be willing to bet my bike that your wires are touching which is shorting out. If you make sure they are clear from each other you'll turn it over.

And that green wire is that the ground? Taped to the CDI mounting screw? If your going to do it like that at least scrap the paint away under strap. I have mine grounded at the water bottle mounting bolt, a GOOD ground.

Back