Apple's Weed Eater Bike

Greetings folks, this is my first post here. I came here looking for a way of quieting a weed eater motor, but ended up finding many people who have done what I am trying to achieve. So I figured I'd post my build process here. And I will also post any questions and such, so... I guess just enjoy the show, lol.

Hey, I would be interested in what u find to be the reliability of the weedwacker engine. I am trying to decide between at HS 38cc 4-stroke motor and a 25cc weedwacker engine for my gas generator on my electric bike. I think the 38cc is going to be too large and I really like the profile of a 25cc 2-stroke engine but am hesitant due to reliability concerns. This is a 2-stroke 25cc engine?

Yes, a 2 stroke 25cc. The weedwacker is a Bolens BL110, if you want to look that up.

I still don't understand what y'all see in friction drive. I bet y'all go through tires like crazy LOL

I’ve never made one before but I have 2 weed eater motors and a chainsaw. I would guess a flat surface tire like a beach cruiser tire would be good for maximum roller grip. Those tires aren’t too pricey. I think he’s going for a budget build and he already has the motor from the weed eater. Apple, instead of dunking the whole carb you can get the canned stuff with the straw and spray the little passages then take a wire out of a wire brush and push through. Chances are you’ll have to buy a primer bulb and the diaphragm you can find them online.

Shocker, personally I would prefer a chain drive, but I don't have the tools nor the skills to make things I would need to get for that. I am just trying to get something that I can ride right now, lol.

And will, I appreciate it, turns out a replacement is like 15 bucks on amazon with some spare parts and adjustment tool, but I definitely appreciate you helping me out.

Try to use non ethanol petrol once you start running the engine it will increase the life of the carb a lot. Are you going to make a clutch for the motor? You can make a simple hinge one that you can control with a lever on the handlebars. Look up roadbug engine kit you’ll see what I mean. Saw what you said about ur gf, sorry dude. Girls are unpredictable even if you think you know them. It’s like trying to understand an alien so I wouldn’t dwell on it. (Not that girls are aliens).

I already sound like a LOUD weed wacker! That's what my financee says. Vroom grgrgrgrrrr. Pop pop.... Ol' skool ....
Gonna cut this btch in half when I get a new blade for reciprocate saw. :)

Try to use non ethanol petrol once you start running the engine it will increase the life of the carb a lot. Are you going to make a clutch for the motor? You can make a simple hinge one that you can control with a lever on the handlebars. Look up roadbug engine kit you’ll see what I mean. Saw what you said about ur gf, sorry dude. Girls are unpredictable even if you think you know them. It’s like trying to understand an alien so I wouldn’t dwell on it. (Not that girls are aliens).
Lol, yeah, I gotcha. I have more time to work on this project now. I guess the little quote thing you have is right, "a hobby that doesnt have to deal with the drama of women". Now that she is gone I have more time for other things, including projects I put to the side. And I am not planning to have a clutch at the moment, once I get things put together properly and have something that can move on its own power, I will start working on that sort of thing, I have like 3 spare centrifugal clutches if need be, so...
Also, once I get the engine running on something other than starter fluid, I will definitely use non ethanol. Thanks again for all the help!

By clutch I mean the motor will swivel or drop down on the wheel with the peg via lever. You can use a spring and an old kickstand or rod to make a handle. Centrifugal clutch would probably be too small. I really see no point talking to girls they are opportunistic... well I won’t say bad words here. I’ve been a gamer for years and I never messed with them much anyways. I have a mental disability which makes it harder as well. My brain would not stop and sometimes I became obsessed. Even little things would upset me making it even worse. I still think of my ex sometimes but she’s a selfish fake now. Just talking to her made me not want to eat for a day. To think of trusting a stranger- be it a female is something I can’t understand. They aren’t family, well until marriage or whatever. You can’t trust females of this generation. Even after marriage it’s not safe. They have the ability to take everything you have just because of their gender, including if you have kids. They are social creatures and notice other guys even if you don’t want them to. I think I actually got ptsd from that crap.

Last edited:
Back