Apple's Weed Eater Bike

Greetings folks, this is my first post here. I came here looking for a way of quieting a weed eater motor, but ended up finding many people who have done what I am trying to achieve. So I figured I'd post my build process here. And I will also post any questions and such, so... I guess just enjoy the show, lol.

So, yesterday my new engine decided it was going to crap out. I am guessing something is wrong with the carb, so hopefully I can get that fixed up tonight. I am going to try adjusting the jets, as well as using some engine cleaner. Hopefully everything goes well, and if it does, then I get to the fun part.

The weedeater is a Bolens BL110, and the bike is one of those cheap walmart mountain bikes with 26 inch tires.

And thanks HumanPerson, hopefully I can interest y'all.

Some folks aren't trying to go fast, 10-15 mph is fine. Some just don't want to pedal hard going up hills. Some prefer to pedal but want the engine in case they get tired. Some are old and just can't keep up with their friends anymore or its too painful to pedal, but still like to ride bikes.

I just want an easier way to get around, but... project is gonna be on hold for a bit, my girlfriend dumped me, so i am gonna get over that, then I will get back to work.

Ladies and gents, I am back. I have made a couple of changes to the bike, mainly I got the engine attached properly to the bike. It is a bit shaky, but the pressure of the engine pushing against the wheel should keep that still. Now I have 2 things that I need to worry about, I have to attach the peg to the engine, and I have to clean the carb on the engine. I am working on getting carb cleaner as we speak, anyone have any objections to just dunking the carb into a bowl of the stuff? I would think it would work fine, but I want to make sure before I do. And if anyone knows how one would best mount a bike peg to the end of an engine, feel free to let me know.

Back