Apprehensive First MB Build - Cranbrook

Does anyone have a recommendation for an online retailer to buy a Grubee kit from?

Thank you,
Joshua

what i did with my cranbrook was to removed the stock front engine studs and bought longer ones then flatened tube were the motor mounts also use a old inertube were the motor mounts i also discarded my rear dust cap so sproct would fit not best idea but every things going great lots miles on mine watch out for coaster brake on lose gravel also know fenders on mine good luck with your build

Thank you eisle98 and BAM for the responses. From what it looks like thatsdax has some great pricing. It looks like that is going to be my best bet.

Thank you for the Cranbrook advise, I have heard enough about discarding the dust cap that is seems like a possibility.

Do you find your self cleaning that area regularly to prevent buildup?

About the breaking system, I want attach at lest a hand break for the back tire. I talked about taking off a break from an older mountain bike I have, although those breaks all seem to be build up above the frame and into the frame.

I have seen the disk brake systems that you can install, I am assuming this would be the best solution. Will this be possible with the Cranbrook with the already tight hind quarters on the rear hub?

Did I make that clear enough, or do I need to clarify?

Thanks again!
Joshua

Well, hopefully you won't have a " breaking system " ;) Just remember that the biggest percentage of braking power is in your front brake. I've used a V brake on my front and with the combo of rear coaster and front V brake it stops very well. If you don't have the mounts on your front forks then get an adapter to mount the brake http://www.ebikestop.com/dimension_...rake_stud_adjusts_from_108___117mm-BR9121.php

Haha, yes lets hope that I don't apply a "breaking system."

Ok, well like you stated if I don't have the front mounts, which I don't I should purchase the adapter.

How do you fasten the adapter to the frame?

Could you post a picture of your setup by chance?

I am a very visual person, it would help immensely.

Thanks you very much for you responce!

Here's the setup on my bike :

DSCF0001.jpg

Here's my bike page, different exhaust now ( SBP ):

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p136/eisle89/Motored Bicycle/

Eisle thank you for your reply.

I am amazed, you have a GREAT looking setup. Very clean and finished. The aesthetics of your bike is amazing.

Thank you very much for the picture, it made the setup much more clear!

That is definitely what I have found from my stay here so far. Thank you everyone for all your help so far.

If anyone has any more insight they would like to share I am more than ready to hear from you.

Thank you,
Joshua

Back