Exhaust Aprilia RS50 expansion pipe?

FurryOnTheInside

In Memoriam
Local time
7:36 AM
I have been looking for easy options for an expansion pipe that would run directly below and in line with my downtube. I don't want a curly wurly pipe lol.

I saw this RS50 pipe on eBay. There's several different pipes for different years or models, all called RS50 pipes; but this one looks okay.
I would have to make a flange and bend some 1" for the header and hammer a squarish end to fit the flange and match the port, then take it to the nearest welder. I have never done anything like this before.

s-l300.jpg

The thing is, I have absolutely no idea how big it is in real life. I can send the seller a message and see if I get a sensible answer; but eBay isn't a forum. :oops:
Has anyone seen one of these in real life? Does anyone have any thoughts about it and it's suitability for the 66/69cc? :)

Yay offer accepted. £50 delivered, that's just under $70usd. :D

And I hear the engine from the RS50 holds the world speed record for a 50cc 2-stroke, or something, so that's pretty cool even if it was a heavily modified one and never used this pipe haha, it's still cool. :cool:

Check it out, RS50 expansion pipe! :D

32-33" to just past the middle of the baffle cone. Approximately 4" ID belly. Stinger appears around 15-16mm ID, but I'll measure again after I clean some of the thick soot out of it lol! Header approximately 22mm ID, 25.4mm OD. So those look like good figures, or they sound pretty familiar at least. I think I can work with this! :)
_20180315_124711.JPG

_20180315_124733.JPG

IMG_20180315_124546.jpg

Offered it up to the (wrong side of the) bike, and it's pretty big but not miles off with the shape. :)
IMG_20180315_123438.jpg

It will take more fitting than I hoped, but that's okay. I might just use it on the next build if I can't easily fit it on my "Night Fur(r)y", but that's okay too. :)

Back