Local time
7:11 AM
I am gonna do it.

One thin layer on both sides.

What do you think is gonna happen?
DSC_0088.JPG

DSC_0089.JPG

Survey says:

Easy way to spot a warped head, so I planed out a known good head and it feels good as new.

Gonna have to find a nice aftermarket head that doesn't warp and try again.

metal bearing paints such as copper and aluminum have always been good on metal gaskets - they also transfer heat well too

Probably not the best sealant, copper spray gasket yes maybe, but an actual copper gasket can be annealed and used over and over with just fine heat transfer. If I couldn't scrape the cpu paste off with a piece of newspaper I'd be more willing to trust it.

Planing the head and cylinder to have a perfectly flat surface can completely remove any real head gasket from the equation, almost perfect will let you use a piece of flimsy teflon tape in place of a true gasket, no knowledge of the heat transfer ability.

Probably not the best sealant, copper spray gasket yes maybe, but an actual copper gasket can be annealed and used over and over with just fine heat transfer. If I couldn't scrape the cpu paste off with a piece of newspaper I'd be more willing to trust it.

Planing the head and cylinder to have a perfectly flat surface can completely remove any real head gasket from the equation, almost perfect will let you use a piece of flimsy teflon tape in place of a true gasket, no knowledge of the heat transfer ability.

I bet it burns up before this gallon is done and it's running like a silver gasket the whole time.

Last edited:
What scared me was when the head sucked that s**t in my performance dropped to pedaling speeds for about 15 minutes until I fixed the head.

I like that level of strict, I don't want to get away with air leaks.

Oh yeah it sucked it in that makes sense too... I hope it didn't eff anything up.

I wonder what might happen if we force fed other things to a two stroke...

Wasn't bad enough to foul the plug so I'm not concerned.

I dumped a bunch of powderized graphite in my sparkplug port one day - had to change the first fouled plug and then it ran like a hot knife through butter.

I've been doing lead substitute additive which is giving me synthetic oil results.

Next force fed measure is a 12v fan on the carburetor air intake, all my research says 1cfm per horsepower.

Wasn't bad enough to foul the plug so I'm not concerned.

I dumped a bunch of powderized graphite in my sparkplug port one day - had to change the first fouled plug and then it ran like a hot knife through butter.

I've been doing lead substitute additive which is giving me synthetic oil results.

Next force fed measure is a 12v fan on the carburetor air intake, all my research says 1cfm per horsepower.
Your not going to have an engine for long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back