Are All 212cc Engines the Same?

5-7HEAVEN

Local time
8:35 PM
I'm having difficulty findng a Predator 212cc. Harbor Freight is out of stock and backordered.Vendors on Ebay are jacking up their prices over 100%.
Are all other 212cc engines exactly the same? Are the parts, like the flywheel, carb, exhaust. Etc. Interchangeable?
Seems like Power Sports 212cc is a Lifan engine.

Anyone know?

Last edited:
Most of them are from the same pattern, a few of the older B&S are different. If you look on https://www.ombwarehouse.com/ you'll find all the parts you need to do whatever your end goal is. The Lifan family of engines have been reliable for those that use them.

All the Honda/clones are the same, so, if you get one of those engines the parts you buy for it should be listed as Honda/clone parts.
If you get a real Honda 196 GX motor, that is all you'll ever run after that. They are so reliable and sturdy, some of the predator family of engines have flimsy rods and tend to snap at the most inconveniate time.

I'm having difficulty findng a Predator 212cc. Harbor Freight is out of stock and backordered.Vendors on Ebay are jacking up their prices over 100%.
Are all other 212cc engines exactly the same? Are the parts, like the flywheel, carb, exhaust. Etc. Interchangeable?
Seems like Power Sports 212cc is a Lifan engine.

Anyone know?
other than Subaru (also known as robin) and Mitsubishi.
there all going to be honda gx clones. probably come from the same factory with a different paint job and sticker.
as much as i love honda engines, i have to hand it to the clone people, they make a quality engine for the price.

I canceled my Predator order, not wanting to wait indefinitely, per HF.
Bought a 7hp clone, supposedly Lifan, which arrives next week.
At least I won't have to worry about grenading the flywheel.

Some Predator 212cc engines are hemi and others are normal. I've bought two in the past and didn't know till I opened up the boxes what they were. The first was a hemi, the second was normal. You can tell by the valve cover.

Are the hemis the CARB-approved Predators?
Any performance increase/decrease?
The hemi is harder to find than the regular predator, a carting buddy of mine had one on order for two months before he went with the standard.
I don't know anything about the emissions.

Are the hemis the CARB-approved Predators?
Any performance increase/decrease?

They use the same carb, so I think there isn't a difference for the regulation. As for the performance, the hemi may be a slight bit better, i'm not sure. It mattered more for me to get the hemi because it fit in my frame better as the valve cover is flatter (and less tall) than the regular.

Ok. I think I got it.
There are 2 versions of the Predator 212cc engine. At the present, HF customers in California are only allowed to buy the CARB-approved version. This one has much less reviews, so it must be the newer version.....the hemi.

Back