Are Chinese motorcycles any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi to all. Newbie here. I have this motorcycle since December and besides changing the oil and a burnt speedometer light it has been great. I had to assemble the handlebar and front tire. I was a bit concerned about quality but I said what the heck for $1,700 I will take my chances. That being said I bought it from belmonte bikes and they offer a six month warranty free of charge. When I have call them with questions they have responded immediately. Buy from a good dealership and get peace of mind. Check the BBB for information about the dealer. The good thing about these bikes is that they use a lot of what you call universal parts so there are plenty accesories to choose from. I have check Alibaba and a lot of the so called American or British brands are made there and imported here to the USA under the brand name. Here is a photo of my little girl.
This is very helpful! Since I was denied financing for the new bike I was hoping to buy, this could be a viable option for me. I could put off the real motorcycle until next year.

I’m wandering if there’s any issue insuring then or registration issues. They even do an instant financing thing.

Thanks!

As far as I know they come with title and are street legal. There’s a bobber version and one with big tires on saferwholesale. 1st thing to do replace wheel bearings with Japanese, mirrors, maybe chain. The speedos are crap from what I’ve heard. Could last a few years if you want it to. Many of the 250 Chinese bikes are actually 223cc it’s basically like the ttr230 motor. In that case you could probably swap that engine in.

For that price if you could just grease and loctite everything then ride it for 10 years would be totally worth it. And as a bonus it even looks kind of cool.

The mirrors shake from what I heard. They might be a better choice for people than a motorized bicycle. If you put in $1000 in a motorized bike it still may not last as long or get the mph as a Chinese registerable scooter/motorcycle.

I've never sat on a Harley that the mirrors didn't shake. That's what's nice about the flat 4 on the gold wing. Smooth and quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back