Are Chinese motorcycles any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a few dealers that have the same motorcycle for $100-$200 more or less. But before buying I researched a few with the better business bureau and the stories are horrifying. I bought from Belmonte Bikes and I used paypal. They gave me shipping to my door for $100 and a discount coupon for $50. Total cost to my door was $1,750. I called for a question of a speedometer light that was burnt and they responded immediately. I changed the handlebar, put leather wrap in the grips, a handlebar riser, knee guards and bar end mirrors. Everything from amazon and it cost me around $125. The dealer sent me the papers via UPS and I received them before the bike. No issues to register it in Florida.

As far as I know they come with title and are street legal. There’s a bobber version and one with big tires on saferwholesale. 1st thing to do replace wheel bearings with Japanese, mirrors, maybe chain. The speedos are crap from what I’ve heard. Could last a few years if you want it to. Many of the 250 Chinese bikes are actually 223cc it’s basically like the ttr230 motor. In that case you could probably swap that engine in.
The speedometer big numbers are in km/h and the small numbers are mph. They are very standard. Beam light, signal light and neutral indicator. No fuel indicator. And yes, they are 223cc. I put loctite just in the front wheel nut and the screws of the stand.

There's a thread on adventure rider on these from a lot of riders and they all love the bike, under thumpers.

The bike in the link I posted is not the crappy bike you guys are talking about, do some research guys.

This is very helpful! Since I was denied financing for the new bike I was hoping to buy, this could be a viable option for me. I could put off the real motorcycle until next year.

I’m wandering if there’s any issue insuring then or registration issues. They even do an instant financing thing.

Thanks!
No registration or insurance issues my friend at least in Florida. The papers arrived before the bike.

Cpa how many miles do you have on yours? Does it burn oil. Any other bugs you don’t like about it?
I just made the first oil change last Saturday at 180 miles. No oil burning so far. The only thing was the gas tank was a bit missaligned. I took it off and bent a bit one piece that was below it and put it back and now is aligned. The bike is light so I would not recommend for highway use. Btw I’m considering selling it to get a heavier one. Im back into riding after a pause of 7 years and was not willing to pay thousands for a bike and then discover that this was not my thing anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back