Are Gas MB Really Necessary When Compared To Electrics?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 4613
  • Start date
That's the ticket! Also, the things around with 4, 18, or several hundred wheels.
Yep, driven them all. There are differences though.
I am aware on 2 wheels because if I screw up, or somebody else screws up and I am not paying attention - I die or get permanently disfigured/crippled.
I was aware with 18+ wheels because if I screw up, or somebody else screws up and I am not paying attention - somebody else dies or gets permanently disfigured/crippled.
With the 4 wheels... well it works in both directions on that one. Unfortunately, there are too many people in the 4 wheel variety that don't deserve to drive.

If I added up all the miles I have driven between 2, 4 and 18+ wheels in my life, It easily tops 1.4 million by this point. The vast majority of that in the 18+ variety. My accident record is clear.

I was aware with 18+ wheels because if I screw up, or somebody else screws up and I am not paying attention - somebody else dies or gets permanently disfigured/crippled.
With the 4 wheels... well it works in both directions on that one. Unfortunately, there are too many people in the 4 wheel variety that don't deserve to drive.

If I added up all the miles I have driven between 2, 4 and 18+ wheels in my life, It easily tops 1.4 million by this point. The vast majority of that in the 18+ variety. My accident record is clear.
Were you OTR? My father is also a trucker. Thank you for keeping our country's logistical backbone strong!🚛✊

Just remember, a lot has changed, and now the worlds most experienced driver can meet their end with a rookie who would rather be texting.😔

A little on topic (for everyone still else reading), has anyone put a front e-hub on a China doll? Anyone here I mean, I know people have done it. I imagine with a weak motor like 250W and the pedal assist sensor (no throttle), it could sort of help you help the engine, especially up hills so you don't have to pedal 1,000 RPM.

Were you OTR? My father is also a trucker. Thank you for keeping our country's logistical backbone strong!🚛✊

Just remember, a lot has changed, and now the worlds most experienced driver can meet their end with a rookie who would rather be texting.😔

A little on topic (for everyone still else reading), has anyone put a front e-hub on a China doll? Anyone here I mean, I know people have done it. I imagine with a weak motor like 250W and the pedal assist sensor (no throttle), it could sort of help you help the engine, especially up hills so you don't have to pedal 1,000 RPM.
I was OTR, then regional foodservice, then my back self destructed. Now I don't do it anymore. Spent the last 10 years doing machine repair, maintenance, and electrical.

As for your Hybrid bike idea. I have actually considered doing something similar. The only difference is, I would rather use a mid-drive conversion than power the front hub. Basically have an electric pedal-assist option. The issues with this are two fold. First, the bike would be heavy as hell. Second, battery mounting would prove to be a challenge as you wouldn't want it anywhere near the hot engine, and the fuel tank takes up the top bar. You would almost need to use a rear rack to mount the battery pack, and then be careful with your cable routing.

I was OTR, then regional foodservice, then my back self destructed. Now I don't do it anymore. Spent the last 10 years doing machine repair, maintenance, and electrical.

As for your Hybrid bike idea. I have actually considered doing something similar. The only difference is, I would rather use a mid-drive conversion than power the front hub. Basically have an electric pedal-assist option. The issues with this are two fold. First, the bike would be heavy as hell. Second, battery mounting would prove to be a challenge as you wouldn't want it anywhere near the hot engine, and the fuel tank takes up the top bar. You would almost need to use a rear rack to mount the battery pack, and then be careful with your cable routing.
Would the mid-drive even fit with the engine? The hub I saw here looks plenty light and has the sensor. If you pedal and can't keep up with the engine (for single or two-speed like mine, you are freewheeling) the front wheel will still kick on at full force and take some load off the engine.
On my bike, I would probably put the batt under the tank; the lip of the tank should protect the battery from spilled fuel.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Yep, driven them all. There are differences though.
I am aware on 2 wheels because if I screw up, or somebody else screws up and I am not paying attention - I die or get permanently disfigured/crippled.

giphy.gif

You don't get the awesome 2-cycle fuel smell with electric...

Just sayin'...
I fell in love with 2 stroke smell with my 2nd snowmobile, strawberry smelling exhaust gasses... god I loved that machine. 750 triple polaris. What a beast.

Back