Are Gas MB Really Necessary When Compared To Electrics?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 4613
  • Start date
I fell in love with 2 stroke smell with my 2nd snowmobile, strawberry smelling exhaust gasses... god I loved that machine. 750 triple polaris. What a beast.
That smell is one reason I loved mowing with my Swedish Husqvarna mower, and the reason I'm here now. I don't like the smell of diesel or electric exhaust lol.

Are gas MBs' necessary when compared to the performance of electrics? Owning
both, I am super impressed by electrics. They produce instant, quick torque,
quiet as heck and very good range. I have two electrics and both are
powerful. The 48volt 750 watt has five levels of throttle and I can
reach 16mph just on level one. On a 14amh battery, the range is
about 40 miles. No dealing with motors, chains, noise, clutch
issues, engine problems, just charge and go. And the big benefit,
is electrics are allowed on bike trails, where gas MB are not.
They are legally considered as normal bicycles. The explosion
of electrics available will continue, and the price can be
lowered by using easily available kits on Amazon.
Both? Me too. My gasser has more power, range, & speed than either of my electrics...., still prefer the electrics, go figger.
I'm thinking of putting a mid-drive on the gasser to make a hybrid. I'll leave the cloth cover over the engine to ride trails on E.
Any opinions on a mid-drive to use?

I'm thinking of putting a mid-drive on the gasser to make a hybrid. I'll leave the cloth cover over the engine to ride trails on E.
If it's on Electric motor ya shouldn't have to cover your gas motor with a cloth cover. The gas motor isn't running

Unless your trying to sneak by a guard at a bike trail entry gate, But usually honesty is the best policy,
Tell him that's why it's a hybrid, so you can obey the laws

Both? Me too. My gasser has more power, range, & speed than either of my electrics...., still prefer the electrics, go figger.
Sadly, your options have become limited on mid-drive kits. There's Bafang, Gru🐝Bee, and Amazon/eBay.

You might be able to talk David Staton into making you one. My SI shift kit has 3 chainrings and an engine drive sprocket on it.

Sadly, your options have become limited on mid-drive kits. There's Bafang, Gru🐝Bee, and Amazon/eBay.

You might be able to talk David Staton into making you one. My SI shift kit has 3 chainrings and an engine drive sprocket on it.
The Bafang kits are decent, but they got pricey due to demand.

Back