are motorized bicycles big in europe?

S

steveadicks

I was in europe and I saw two teenagers taking there girlfriends out to eat on motorized bikes. This is what made me intrested in motorized bikes.

D

DougC

The guy who cleans the floors where I work is Bulgarian and when he heard that I was putting a motorized bicycle together, he said that they were common in Bulgaria.

From what he said I gathered that they were mostly pre-built models (like Solexes) more than anything people did themselves.
~

bamabikeguy

I was watching a PBS show about Irish economic rejuvenation, and about halfway into the hour saw two Golden Eagle bikes go by, which was the first time I saw GEBE besides around here with my own "barely peddling" customers.
I called Dennis and he said yep, Ireland, Australia but primarily Korea buy the bulk of the engines. One of the few made in America exports.

C

Cookie

Bikes

my other half when he was stationded in Germany He saw a lot of motor bikes, when I was in South East Asia I saw a lot of them.

If you where watching the TV when the train station was bombed in London during one of the intervews there was a cyclemotor in the background. I was paying more attention to the bike than the bombing :)

Cookie