Are motorized bicycles just money pits/hindrances?

yeah I wouldn't say money pit if it's for a purpose. like I totally rebuilt my Pacific Cycle Adventures 700c and 48cc'd it with a kit then upgraded everything on it just about.
total bill under 850 and its same n runs fine from 2 years now.
oh last year I put a clutch and $40 expansion pipe. here's to only a chain, brake pads n tires in the next 2 years,, cheers!

Being an old gesser I got a 1980 worksman trike for $ 35 and an old 1970 bike bug engine $350 . With tires etc. $450 or so. Works great at 20 mph. It's what suits me and my needs quite well. But them I'm older and slower than most of you guys. Tom

Yeah that's where I spend most of my money, trying to achieve cheap transportation last 2 month every week major problem to solve but I hate like hell to pedal.

It's all relative no such thing as a free meal pay a little now or a lot later.
What theses cliches are saying is that experience and the benefit of wisdom should prevail. Just remember to learn from past mistakes or be doomed to spend ur life in a vicious cycle of ignorant failure
nuff said

2-storkes well worth it for short distance no more than 20miles the 4-stroke you can go for a while never really found out but have went about 50 miles no problems will need to fix the carburetor jet on the 4-stroke to make it reliable

2-storkes well worth it for short distance no more than 20miles the 4-stroke you can go for a while never really found out but have went about 50 miles no problems will need to fix the carburetor jet on the 4-stroke to make it reliable
20 miles is not far or fair at all!A well setup 2t should be able to travel much farther than that.many trips for me are 100 miles oneway and I'll stop once or twice but i don't have too.The most comenly used 4t also can run loaded within reason all day with no issue,they get used in a stationary setting (no air flow) turning mixers,aggitators,pumps and such so on a bike with air going over it you can travel far!

Most of the bikes on here that people are using are crap.

All the 2 stroke kits are crap (except the morini & ktm alike stuff). All of them are crap.

The 4 strokes are the only decent motors that will stay together.

My first MB didn't cost anything I made it out of parts I already had..

Attachments

• green-citi#1.jpg
    green-citi#1.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 129
Most of the bikes on here that people are using are crap.

All the 2 stroke kits are crap (except the morini & ktm alike stuff). All of them are crap.

The 4 strokes are the only decent motors that will stay together.
You are are an idiot. The kits are full of junk parts but even the cheapest of the 2 strokes can be made to run.

You and Will must have a lot of built up rage for the 2 strokes. What's wrong? Have a hard time reading, using tools or both? It is the simplest engine, parts are affordable and there is a ton of info here as well as all over the web.

I've accepted what my HT bike engine is. It's got a lot of problems. But for all of that cheapness and mechanical cheeze, it's rather novel, and it still insists on running every time I need to use it.

So what if it buzzes, whines and smokes.

Back