Are the 89$ ebay 66cc engine kits ok

Im looking for a cheap temporary engine that will get me to work and back for about 3 to 4 months any ideas im a big guy at 245 pounds so it needs to be 66cc or bigger any help would be awesome

Ever since my breakdown 18 miles from home and being denied on the bus with the bike on the front after draining my tank and bowl, keeping the gas cap in my backpack and still be refused (was one hell of a walk), I've passed up many buses with my middle finger out. Fork them douchebags, took me 2 hours vs 30 minutes bus vs MAB anyways...
I've been there, my problem is that my fat tire doesn't fit in the rack even with a flat, I also had one driver tell me that the gas tank on the bike is like driving around with a bomb on the front of the bus. Obviously a cdl doesn't require any specific intelligence tests lol. Bus drivers are probably edging on the level of garbage men of the public transport system. I say this seriously because the trash people once refused an EMPTY HELIUM tank for party balloons because of how flammable helium was, and that since I didn't know that I should look it up online, he even specifically mentioned it as being as flammable as hydrogen.

Anyway...

I also had one driver tell me that the gas tank on the bike is like driving around with a bomb on the front of the bus.
That was what the bus driver told me so I wasted $3 of gas and kept the cap off so it wasn't a "bomb" and it was still a bomb. Cops even got involved because I got mad after I wasted my gas to get on, she coulda stopped me and said she still wasn't letting me on empty for Peter's sake...I already pushed/carried my bike with wrecked spokes for 7 miles and had a gun in my face at mile 5 with 0 forks given, too mad already. The remaining 11 miles weren't much fun either :(.

That was what the bus driver told me so I wasted $3 of gas and kept the cap off so it wasn't a "bomb" and it was still a bomb. Cops even got involved because I got mad after I wasted my gas to get on, she coulda stopped me and said she still wasn't letting me on empty for Peter's sake...I already pushed/carried my bike with wrecked spokes for 7 miles and had a gun in my face at mile 5 with 0 forks given, too mad already. The remaining 11 miles weren't much fun either :(.

i bet you that bus driver thought that liquid gas is what goes into the combustion of the engine... i know so many people with graduate and phd that think that...

i bet you that bus driver thought that liquid gas is what goes into the combustion of the engine... i know so many people with graduate and phd that think that...
You can bet money throwing a lit cigarette in a bucket of gas that's sat for a few minutes in the shade...

Ever since my breakdown 18 miles from home and being denied on the bus with the bike on the front after draining my tank and bowl, keeping the gas cap in my backpack and still be refused (was one hell of a walk), I've passed up many buses with my middle finger out. Fork them douchebags, took me 2 hours vs 30 minutes bus vs MAB anyways...
It's always a guarantee that someone will kick you when you least need it. I hope the bus driver has a anal fisher. It's something I heard Howard Stern talk about. He made it sound funny, funny that it was his and not mine.

Well I think reliability is less of a concern when he's thinking g temporary transport, maybe expect 2 weeks worth of trips before things just start falling apart and dying left and right, if that's long enough to constitute temporary then sure why not, perhaps 89 bucks and a few dollars fuel it may actually be cheaper for that time span over picking up an uber or using taxis... It has an advantage of not being constrained by a bus schedule either.

Have fun riding in the cold if that's where you live, you won't miss the entire experience one bit.
The 2 attributes I have noticed of myself while riding in the snow are how quickly I can pick up my bike, and how fast I can look around to see who is seeing me do it.

It's always a guarantee that someone will kick you when you least need it. I hope the bus driver has a anal fisher. It's something I heard Howard Stern talk about. He made it sound funny, funny that it was his and not mine.
I figure stupid people will be stupid, and with time the world will treat them as such and if I recognize a person like that who has inconvenienced me in the past having trouble later on in life I'll simply deny my help, and if I can think of something witty to say that fits well and reminds them of what they did to me then I'll say it. I've come across that situation as often as I have coincidentally had the exact right thing and skill to help people I know at exactly the right time. That's a good enough conscience on my part especially if I consider how life usually treats them back for being totally ignorant or just being a plain as***le.

I've met bus drivers that are not half bad people and I've met total jerk, one of which pissed me off enough for me to start taping with my phone which resulted in him trying to manhandle me off a bus, safe to say that while I never struck him physically the event did result in a pretty good smack, I filed a police report of the incident right after and made a Facebook page honoring the bus system with a photograph of him holding up the middle finger up to me. The smack was he no longer can make a living off his training in the local public busing system anymore. It's all really a hassle so I prefer to having a well running truck and a fun bike on the side to completely avoid those types of systems that way I don't have to depend on or interact with complete morons if I don't want to.

The 2 attributes I have noticed of myself while riding in the snow are how quickly I can pick up my bike, and how fast I can look around to see who is seeing me do it.
The best parts of the past couple of blizzards were being able to get out of the city faster than any car since I could access fairly well shoveled sidewalks when the traffic was locked up and that funny look people get when they see you riding around on a 2 wheeled vehicle and still having better control and speeds than the 4 wheeled or pedestrian versions of travel, especially when they see me leave the road and hit the sidewalk and approaching out-of-site while they sit there waiting for the car stuck in the intersection to get shoveled and/or pushed out.

I'll admit it's pretty fun to pick up a running bike out of the tracks in the street and wading through a couple feet of snow and being ready to ride down a sidewalk with almost no effort, most times the fat wheels float rather well so I can give it gas and walk along side it through the snow till it gets back on solid ground. Also doesn't take 4 people to get out of a rutt in the snow or an hour of shoveling to get it free from the parking space. You can stop on a downward hill rather easily too since you have so little mass, only a completely iced over surface can make travel on a bike too difficult to keep control over, even then it depends on how quickly to try to change a direction unless you have studded tires which can give you better traction especially in turns.

The laws are simple...
You can strap an electric to the front of bus, but not a gas powered bike for a 'makes sense' reason.
Even if your gas tank is empty (and REALLY need a lift) no go.
Silly to fight that in public, it's the gas engine that's banned regardless of fuel content.

It's all really a hassle so I prefer to having a well running truck and a fun bike on the side to completely avoid those types of systems that way
I don't have to depend on or interact with complete morons if I don't want to.
That's the rub, it can take some time to weed out the Morons so the forums are more helpful.

Myself I call them out on it.
BTW, That can be fun ;-}

Pull the boot off the plug. "No, it isn't an engine, it's some engine parts." :rolleyes: Technically correct lol.
Regardless of fuel content. :p

But as a private business, they have the right to refuse to trade with any person at all, without giving any reason. (Presumably that is the case in USA, as here, but idk)

So I'm working on camouflaging it. ;)
But we don't have bikes on the front of buses here, and it might smell too much for the train if it's been running shortly before. :rolleyes:

Back