Are the 89$ ebay 66cc engine kits ok

Im looking for a cheap temporary engine that will get me to work and back for about 3 to 4 months any ideas im a big guy at 245 pounds so it needs to be 66cc or bigger any help would be awesome

It is a crap shoot, however my original 50cc round fin purchased on e-bay has 5k mi on it. (I run 32:1 mix) I have also have purchased several 66cc engines for other builds on e-bay with pretty decent luck. All that said, I rarely go over 30 mph.
Good luck!

Last edited:
Your kind of heavy set for a China girl, me in general I think you need a pure name brand 80cc...

China bikes are fine for a guy like me weighing in at a soaking wet 150lbs.

I don't trust E-bay sellers.
I got my engine here. http://www.bicycle-engines.com/Firestorm-Z80-Complete-80cc-Bicycle-Engine-Kit. $139 for a whole kit.

I think so too but hey my maker of China girl is in usa Cali and you know Americans don't like to do refunds.

I'm still in break in on my China not expecting perfection but for now she is doing just fine minus a cheap hose line leak after the fuel filter. I keep my petcock off and it's cold out so no worries about the fuel igniting while it's raining.

Personally I'm a bit above break in specs in conversion from kmh to mph says I'm suppose to do 20kmh which is about 12.7 mph but I keep it to about 15 mph.

Sounds more logical but stick to the 30 minutes or less rules. Once broke in I'm ill be upping to 30 kmh /22 mph and a better grade of oil with gas.

Your kind of heavy set for a China girl, me in general I think you need a pure name brand 80cc...
There is no 80cc engine. Also, geared correctly a 35cc engine can carry a 300lb fatty up a steep hill. The 66cc should be just fine, just pay a little more for the grubee gt5a or zeda80 so you don't deal with breaking chinesium bolts. You have much to learn before you can teach, young padawan.

The Zeda80 is 69.4cc...it uses a 40mm stroke instead of a 38mm stroke for a typical 66 cc.....Both share a 47mm bore.

Ya, don't buy cheap if you need reliability.
Is it safe to assume you started cheap?
Well I think reliability is less of a concern when he's thinking g temporary transport, maybe expect 2 weeks worth of trips before things just start falling apart and dying left and right, if that's long enough to constitute temporary then sure why not, perhaps 89 bucks and a few dollars fuel it may actually be cheaper for that time span over picking up an uber or using taxis... It has an advantage of not being constrained by a bus schedule either.

Have fun riding in the cold if that's where you live, you won't miss the entire experience one bit.

It has an advantage of not being constrained by a bus schedule either.
Ever since my breakdown 18 miles from home and being denied on the bus with the bike on the front after draining my tank and bowl, keeping the gas cap in my backpack and still be refused (was one hell of a walk), I've passed up many buses with my middle finger out. Fork them douchebags, took me 2 hours vs 30 minutes bus vs MAB anyways...

Back