Are the basic $140 Zeda 80 kits any good?

Z

zeda80

I have read around and the Zeda 80 seems to get pretty decent reviews. I need it for transport to work for this summer. I found it on eBay because I think the return policy/PayPal money back gaurantee would be better than the sketchy mixed reviews bike websites. Just want to know if these particular kits(not the modded ones) are any good. THANKS

I've never seen a kit that wouldn't run if carefully put together - I have seen three friends order three kits on same day from same place and slowest ran 29mph, while fastest ran 34mph.
The best kit made needs pretty much daily adjustments for first month or so.

I’m running a Zeda80 on my current build and I absolutely love it. Tons of power even during break in. Nice clean, strong construction that I would highly suggest

I’m running a Zeda80 on my current build and I absolutely love it. Tons of power even during break in. Nice clean, strong construction that I would highly suggest
Do you have the modded one or the basic one from here...? https://zedamotorsports.com/collections/zeda80/products/zeda80
How was your experience dealing with the company
Last question... dud you get enough take off with the included 36 T sprocket? I was going to buy a hub adapter anyway but I’ve never seen a 36 come with a kit usually it’s a 44. Should I stick with that or go to a 44? Thanks sorry for all the questions

Moderators Note:
Please be aware that Zeda Motor Sports and Robert Bianchi have nothing to do with Zeda itself which is a manufacturer of Zeda Motors in China.
A reputable vendor of the Zeda line of motors can be found at bicycle-engines.com

Last edited:
if you have a lot of steep hills where you are, you might find anything under 41T to be disappointing

Wouldn't it be great if we could have both. :eek:
33563-78594.JPG

LOL ;)

if you have a lot of steep hills where you are, you might find anything under 41T to be disappointing
Not too many hills, and I think 40 would be better than 36 for all around. Some of my riding would be start and stop but mostly flats. I’m hoping for about 30 Mph not too much more because bike bearings aren’t made to constantly turn at such high rpms

I am not a fan of Robert Bianchi (owner of Zeda Motorsports). If he doesn’t like what’s posted on the FB support page, he will delete it. Integrity makes the damnedest judge. Tyranny has no place in the Republic~

I vote Fred from CR machine

Moderators Note:
Please be aware that Zeda Motor Sports and Robert Bianchi have nothing to do with Zeda itself which is a manufacturer of Zeda Motors in China.
A reputable vendor of the Zeda line of motors can be found at bicycle-engines.com

Do you have the modded one or the basic one from here...? https://zedamotorsports.com/collections/zeda80/products/zeda80
How was your experience dealing with the company
Last question... dud you get enough take off with the included 36 T sprocket? I was going to buy a hub adapter anyway but I’ve never seen a 36 come with a kit usually it’s a 44. Should I stick with that or go to a 44? Thanks sorry for all the questions.
Moderators Note:

I have the basic one and it has plenty of power with my 44 tooth cnc sprocket adapter. I am in break in phase still so trying to keep it under 5k rpms or 20mph but I cannot lie and say I haven’t hit 28mph on accident... lol.

Just a FYI, Zeda comes with an 11 tooth drive sprocket.

Zeda's customer service sucks but the quality is great.

Bicycle Motor Works sells the Zeda 80 as well. They are on Amazon, eBay and have their own site.

Moderators Note:

Back