Are there any other 66cc/80cc engines out there or better?

Jackstack

Local time
5:00 AM
I'm new to the forum and wish to build a motorized bicycle. I plan on building the 66cc one first, but I have bigger ambitions after that. I looked at a Kohler's SH265 and SH255, I am wondering if it is possible to mount these engines. They have more power, and most importantly, have better quality. I mentioned Kohler, but I know there's Brigg's and Straton too.

if you are not relying on a complete kit, then it is your wrench, so you can build what you want

just wan
if you are not relying on a complete kit, then it is your wrench, so you can build what you want
I just wanted to know if there was an engine out there like a Kohlers or Briggs & Straton to do this. I saw on a YouTube comment that a guy used a Briggs & Straton 6s. I also wanted to know if there were tutorials, any advice, for these non-kit engines. Like I said, I'm thinking about it for the future.

every non-kit build I've seen is completely different from the other non-kit builds - I've seen some REALLY strange stuff - a guy with skills can go crazy with it and still get a good running bike

How good is your mechanical skill sets? The ability to weld is a necessity when doing non-kit builds. If you are in to two strokes, I recommend looking into a DeNardis or a Morini clone. Most of them have at least 5hp and are plenty reliable. I also think they would mount into the frame better than boxy "general purpose" four stroke utility engine. My favorite is the S6S because it is good looking and is 8hp
042374.JPG

Last edited:
Back