Are there any reverse-direction gearboxes available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
just gonna pop in and let you know iRide's getting a lower-end from me and will also be experimenting...the idea's pure genius. mayhaps someday we'll see a "happy-time gearbox" on the market, eh?

:cool:Augie, I predict that several members will be running these boxes in the near future.

The biggest advantages will be EXTREMELY low cost, easy assembly and excellent gear reduction.

The biggest hurdle is "RODGER Box's" bulk and mounting it onto the frame. Someone needs to shrink it down.

Alaska, I should have the dead Chinese engine by next week.

Myron

Last edited by a moderator:
:...
The "RODGER Box's" 10t output sprocket's teeth may need 1 mm narrowing to fit the existing bicycle chain.

Perhaps this sprocket would work out of the box without machining. From the That'sDax website:

Upgrade your Engine to the Howell Motor 1.5 mm
wide 081 engine sprocket counter shaft sprocket.
This 10 tooth engine sprocket allows you to run
415 chains and 081 chains for lighter weight and
more performance.
http://thatsdax.com/ENGINE_KIT_PARTS_PAGE_2.htm

1.5mm is only apprx 1/16 inch.

If you go back to that exact post of zomby builder.........I suggested the intial concept of using a happytime for a gear box only. I'm not interested in hard math , or trying to get a man on the moon...........simple answers to complex problems is my forte. Just BASIC ideas. If i remember........Zomby suggested I should start a thread.............perhaps now is the time.

proper props to sun'... :)

if you've got an experiment going, too, by all means start a project-topic and let us see!

If you go back to that exact post of zomby builder.........I suggested the intial concept of using a happytime for a gear box only. I'm not interested in hard math , or trying to get a man on the moon...........simple answers to complex problems is my forte. Just BASIC ideas. If i remember........Zomby suggested I should start a thread.............perhaps now is the time.

:cool:I defer to Brian. I'm shutting down my thread until Brian gets his box running.

All yours, Bro.

Myron

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back