Are these good tires?

No, they're not. The rubber around the wire bead is very thin and it's easy to damage them just by putting them on a rim. Also, they tend to delaminate and you'll get a sidewall bubble.

The ONLY tires i will use on a motorised bike are BELL Kevlar Tires that i use with SLIME Super Thick Self Sealing Tubes...Learned my lesson many years ago...Since using this combo, have never had a flat here in the high desrts of New Mexico with all the thorns, tumbleweeds, goatheads etc...These tires also have a flexible carbon steel bead and strong sidewalls, no doubt due to the kevlar...DAMIEN

I've been successfully riding on a pair of duros for a year now. They seem alright. Mine are green with the "brick tread". I was a little curious about quality and performance since they are so cheap but they ride nice. Better the stock tires that came on the mongoose for sure.

Can't comment on those but if you're looking for great priced quality tires these Growlers from Eastern BMX can't be beat.

Can't comment on those but if you're looking for great priced quality tires these Growlers from Eastern BMX can't be beat.
I find it interesting that the tire manufacturer finds it necessary to also sell the tire repair kit for their tire brand...lol.
Reminds me of the car known as the "Yugo" that had the warning written on the sun visor for the driver that tells the driver not to exceed 45 MPH, and also had a spare alternator and starter in the boot when sold brand new because they knew that those parts were going to fail...lol.

That really instills confidence in their product, doesnt it???...lol...DAMIEN

Growler tire seems like it would be a good FD tire. I like kevlar lined though for extra flat protection.

I find it interesting that the tire manufacturer finds it necessary to also sell the tire repair kit for their tire brand...lol.
Reminds me of the car known as the "Yugo" that had the warning written on the sun visor for the driver that tells the driver not to exceed 45 MPH, and also had a spare alternator and starter in the boot when sold brand new because they knew that those parts were going to fail...lol.

That really instills confidence in their product, doesnt it???...lol...DAMIEN
Ummm, IDK about y'all but when I change a tire I usually replace the tube and liner with it. Call me crazy.

Ummm, IDK about y'all but when I change a tire I usually replace the tube and liner with it. Call me crazy.
Heheheheheh...They are the ones calling it a "Tire Repair Kit"...not me...lol...I go out to buy new tires and tubes every 5 yrs or so since i use kevlars...I dont go out to buy what they are calling a "Tire Repair Kit"...lol...NOPE...i dont think your crazy..."yet"...lol...DAMIEN

Back