Are these rims worth $40.00 used

Thomas Williams

Local time
8:00 AM
Hello I wanting a better set of rims
I can get a used set (tested to be in good shape and true) they, came off a $15,000 hand made Swiss bicycle, that the frame got mucked up so the bike shop is selling the parts off the bike.
I there used but only $40.00 + $25 shipping for the set , they originally had them marked at $120.00 + $25.00 shipping but did not sell so I offered them $40.00 and to my surprise they took me up on my offer e.
the seller said they are an off size and not a high demand so there now selling them at a loss.

Alesa 420 alloy, 700C made in Belgium rim for 28X1 5/8 tire

rims.jpg

Don't know about the brand of the rims but it's the shipping that scares me. That seems way too cheap for a box holding 2 metal 28" rims, I'd check on that. How much use have the rims had? Bearings ok? Wear on the side of the rim from using the brakes?........good luck.

yes a set of 28" worth the $65.00 even used
so at worse you got a set that is at least as good as what you got , but probable a far better rim set then what you have now.

Don't know what kind of tires you have but go with a Kevlar or wire wrapped tires , will help with flats .

Don't know about the brand of the rims but it's the shipping that scares me. That seems way too cheap for a box holding 2 metal 28" rims, I'd check on that. How much use have the rims had? Bearings ok? Wear on the side of the rim from using the brakes?........good luck.

I have purchased from them several times most of the time there shipping is free or real cheap.
They also offer a 100% money back guarantee including shipping back to them if I'm not happy.

There a private auction company so there shipping rates are far better then you and I could ever get

I'll keep you informed

Back