Are they supposed to be this noisy?

C

Chopper

My motor seems to make a lot of noise, other than that coming from the exhaust ;)

Even when rolling it around there's a lot of noise coming from the chain/engine cog... is this normal?

Yes.

Mine made a lot of noise at first. Later, after break-in it got quiet(er) I did a few things to quiet the bike down, as I found most of the noise came from the bike itself. Make sure ALL sheet metal is tight and if you want put some single sided weather stripping inside the fenders and chain gard.

Did you lube you primary gears? You should ASAP. That will quiet the "whine" down a bit, and extend the life of the gears greatly.

Did you "de-baffle"? I didn't, and I'm glad.

I can hear the intake over the exhaust. There are ways to quiet that down as well.

Bikeguy Joe said:
Yes.

Mine made a lot of noise at first. Later, after break-in it got quiet(er) I did a few things to quiet the bike down, as I found most of the noise came from the bike itself. Make sure ALL sheet metal is tight and if you want put some single sided weather stripping inside the fenders and chain gard.

No guard, but fenders are to come.

Did you lube you primary gears? You should ASAP. That will quiet the "whine" down a bit, and extend the life of the gears greatly.

How to?

Did you "de-baffle"? I didn't, and I'm glad.

Nah, would rather it a little quieter for everyday riding.

Back