Are we looking at just another "gimmick" here?

The clone Fred head is out of stock

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220404-180300.png
    Screenshot_20220404-180300.png
    199.7 KB · Views: 115
Fred 2 spark plugs is not the 2 spark gimmick... I know what coils he was running not sure about his CDI box...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220404-143702.png
    Screenshot_20220404-143702.png
    307.2 KB · Views: 129
Fred 2 spark plugs is not the 2 spark gimmick... I know what coils he was running not sure about his CDI box...
On our engines, if you need a second spark plug, it's because your first one is dead. Lol. Our cylinders and chambers are so small, the flame front has the fuel burned fast. It's how these engines can run such high rpms. Balanced right, etc, etc, you could probably crank one of these bad boys past 15k rpms without issue. That's is if the material etc. Can handle it all.

I'm going to run the Fred coil with the catnip... A 35,000 volt spark and one plug head... I like the 2 plug set up for a decompression on the LD motor and flames out of the exaust... Wouldn't run it as intended

I'm going to run the Fred coil with the catnip... A 35,000 volt spark and one plug head... I like the 2 plug set up for a decompression on the LD motor and flames out of the exaust... Wouldn't run it as intended
The super charged/cat nip cdi comes with the same coil as what Fred used he just added NGK plug boots and I get over 40 kv with it and just the old school mag/rotor and wire loop, I'd be willing to bet that with an Oz/big daddy wire loop and the stronger mag/rotor would produce well above that.

The super charged/cat nip cdi comes with the same coil as what Fred used he just added NGK plug boots and I get over 40 kv with it and just the old school mag/rotor and wire loop, I'd be willing to bet that with an Oz/big daddy wire loop and the stronger mag/rotor would produce well above that.
That's what Im going to run...

you get a purple spark with an OZ and catnip, blue with a regular magneto coil. The OZ with a catnip will hurt bad, ask me how I know.... lol

I run mainly OZ with Catnip.

Zeda 80 has recently come out with its "Pro" edition,

2 spark plugs with a dual spark CDI unit.

I'm looking for the more experienced one's here in the forums to tell me if i'm right or wrong in suspecting this is just another "gimmick" like so many other things that have been "offered" 2 stroke users over the years claiming more torque and better high end speed etc. etc. etc. "ad nauseam".

I cannot see how you achieve much better spark when your still working off the same basic magneto's supplying electrical power to the dual spark CDI unit...I suspect that the spark would actually be weaker between 2 plugs rather than just one.
(It is the very same "improved", "upgraded", magneto that comes with the regular, stock Zeda 80, single spark plug kit)

So what do you more experienced folks that have either played with these or know the basic theory or practical application behind this possible "innovative" design have to say about these things that seems to be abounding as of late???...Just more "snake oil"???...Any "Myth Busters" here???...lol...TY...DAMIEN

I have the Zeda 80 g 4 dual plug.I use 2 cdi . I lowered the gap to .025 . Smoother over the whole rpm range. Runs better during warm up.

Back