ARIZONA birds map

B

bird

81_CA7UIL3N_1.jpg

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...US</span></span>&cid=lfmaplink2&name=&dtype=s

Thanx bird

Thanks Bird, for putting the link under the map.

I tried it out, wanted to see if the "aerial view" would print, see if a person could post "in picture form" the terrain you are in.

Well, I couldn't. Our forum needs to find some topographical "map place" so we can compare challenges in AZ versus those guys in the Ozarks and Adirondaks.

But still when you zoom in and out on your link, a person could get an idea of the challenge crossing AZ on a bike.

what ever anyone does dont come here in the summer. i bairly ride these things in the summer unless i realy have to. you get fried at red lights with the heat waves coming off the cars, also the motors have alot more problems with overheating. its hopeless, i siezed my last motor runnin accross town in 120 degree weather.

But its a dry heat... Like a blow torch!!

I totally agree, I do my riding early in the morning and the evenings. I have ridden in the hotness of the day but keep my speed, an the RPMs, in check.

Don't leave your bike with a black vinyl seat in the sun or you will not be sitting for long. Nothing worse than a burnt rump!

I love the hot Arizona sun!
Wearing lots of sunscreen. I rode my mountain bike all summer in the heat of the day. I just drink plenty of water and take breaks.
I agree, you gotta watch the temp of the bike seat and even the brakes handle can get too hot to touch!

Hey

I see you live near Old Spanish Trail. Love to ride that road on either pedal or motor bike. It's almost cooled off enough for a group ride, let's think about it!