Assistance For a Noob...

S

SirSiddius

I need to buy a motorized bike to me get to school, I've been on many sites eg: ebay, bikemoters ect ect, and all I get is a mass of competing claims, and statements that seem to be greatly exaggerated.

My needs are very simple: I need a bike kit preferably higher than a 50cc (maybe 70cc) because it's very hilly where I live, 4 stoked, rear mounted- i don't want a running motor between my leg's because it feels not very nice, and i have a mountain bike with full suspension. And Chain or kevlar driven.

Can the the veterans of this board offer me any assistance on where I can find such a motor?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
here you'll get a mass of competing opinions with that question...there are a few comparisons, reviews, polls...finding these and reading for yourself (and posting a "reply" if you're interested) will be more fruitful than this topic...

to be new means to read, read, read...a lot of the info you need to make a first buy/build is ready and waiting.

i'll move this into "introduce yourself" since it'll fit in just fine...maybe some of the guys will link you to a coupla those articles i was mentioning.

welcome to MBc :cool:

Welcome to MBc.

If you want a rack mount Check out our Rack'Em up forum. Lots of good info and advice there.

And like Augi said; Read, read, read... Its all here waiting for you to read it

welcome to MBc, and a couple things that will aid in your search is using the search feature, along with augi and drimpact's suggestions of reading through previous posts. i wish i had something positive to say about kits from eBay, but i do not.

Me Too

Yep...I'm in the same newbie shopping mode and will read read read. And if I may add a band to your list of **** ( 100% agree with so far) include COLDPLAY. Droney

Welcome to the forum. Some are Happy Time Chinese spoke mount drive, some are Geared Chain drive and others are belt drive. Then you have the friction drive (scrubber) bunch. Read and absorb. Have fun and what ever you do, yo gotta have one of these things. And if yo blow it up you are out 2-300 bucks.

Welcome to MBc. After you read for a while, you'll get an idea about who rides what, where, and how. That'll tell you a lot about what might be right for you.

welcome siddius!

Hi! True if ya go back to when the senior members were newbies you'd have it all there, what to buy, and what not to buy! One piece of advice, don't act to quickly it will bite you you know where...:eek:

Good luck on all your emdeavors and happy motoring!
ciao:cool::eek:

There dosn't seem to be any 4 stroke 70cc rear mounted bikes engine.

Have the veterans seen anything as described above...

Let me know, Thanks

i don't think you're gonna need (want is a different story, tho) that much displacement on a rear-mount...

browse "rack 'em up" and ask your questions there to get some veteran input on the current systems that are available.

Back