At a loss

Local time
11:40 AM
I've looked for an answer, apologies if I didn't see it.

I have a Chinese 100cc but I've heard it is more like 80cc. It's actually my second one from the same company. Motor is broken in and was running pretty decent.

My most recent problem seems like a carburetor issue but I've tried 3 carbs all with the same result as well as 2 cdi's. I've tried all positions on the needle.. raising it up one was the best location. Now I have the "racing carb with the slide installed.

My magneto is good.

I have to peddle my butt off just to get it to fire halfway and then at full throttle it will run.. kind of peddling helps. A few days ago it would run great right off the bat for about a mile or two then it would backfire and die.
any ideas?

It’s hard to be sure looking at the photo but the black roller looks like a skate board wheel. The outer surface appears to have a convex shape….arched or coned outward.

If that’s true the chain may want to walk off center of the roller toward the lower edge. If that happens it will guide the chain to the edge of the sprocket teeth…the chain then can catch and jump off.

The kit rollers have the raised flashing on the edges to hold the chain.

The roller at the very least should probably be flat across. If you have the typical kind of roller that comes with the kits you can try it to rule this out.

It’s hard to be sure looking at the photo but the black roller looks like a skate board wheel. The outer surface appears to have a convex shape….arched or coned outward.

If that’s true the chain may want to walk off center of the roller toward the lower edge. If that happens it will guide the chain to the edge of the sprocket teeth…the chain then can catch and jump off.

The kit rollers have the raised flashing on the edges to hold the chain.

The roller at the very least should probably be flat across. If you have the typical kind of roller that comes with the kits you can try it to rule this out.
Yes I actually did try the 4 bolt chain tensioner and same thing , from what I can see it looks like the chain is pulling to the left , looking at it from the back. Almost as if the drive sprocket didn’t line up with the rear sprocket , but I can only mount the bike wherever the mounts sit flush. And yes it is a skateboard wheel , that’s what I initially liked about the arch tensioner , as well as it’s def not going to fall into the spokes. I rode it this morning and it did fairly well but I did hear it pop once . Lmk if another pic would help

Yes I actually did try the 4 bolt chain tensioner and same thing , from what I can see it looks like the chain is pulling to the left , looking at it from the back. Almost as if the drive sprocket didn’t line up with the rear sprocket , but I can only mount the bike wherever the mounts sit flush. And yes it is a skateboard wheel , that’s what I initially liked about the arch tensioner , as well as it’s def not going to fall into the spokes. I rode it this morning and it did fairly well but I did hear it pop once . Lmk if another pic would help
Take a few minutes and read through this thread linked here below...It might give you a little insight in how to correct your alignment problem between the chain and the drive sprocket and the rear sprocket...It is an absolute must for all of this to be in absolutely correct alignment and may necessitate a correction in just how you went about mounting the motor in the first place...Nothing will work until this is corrected...Good wishes to you in this...DAMIEN

Read in particular post 5 post 9

Also this thread where the OP had similar alignment problems.

We're here to help. Sad to hear you're having to solicit your body just to try and get your bike started lol

"I have to peddle my butt off just to get it to fire halfway and then at full throttle it will run.. kind of peddling helps."

View attachment 181059

Few checks are gear ratio, fuel age, fuel mixture, air leaks, scaring,
Im pretty sure I've been spelling it wrong for 41 years. I'm so lonely 😔

Does the roller have guides... Maybe a horizontal adjustment ?
I have washers I’ve been using as spacers , that was sent with the tensioner . You know it looks like the drive chain is pulling to the left , but idk how else I can mount it , I only have so much room for it to sit flush you know? But I can get it , it worked before , it’s just a matter of getting it back to where it was I guess

Back