At Wits End

roaddog68

Local time
4:24 AM
Hi i am at my wits end. I have a 110 cc motor I ordered online.

It lost spark so I got a new magneto and cdi.

My problem is that the motorized bike starts good, runs good, so I turn it off, get ready to go ride, it starts and runs good for about 10 minutes, then just dies.

It happened several times, so I pulled the plug to see if it had spark and I noticed that the plug is extremely wet.

I tried adjusting the idle, I tried adjusting the float, but same thing as happened before, it starts and runs good for about 15 minutes.

What is the problem???... please help me its driving me nuts.

Hi i am at my wits end. I have a 110 cc motor I ordered online.

It lost spark so I got a new magneto and cdi.

My problem is that the motorized bike starts good, runs good, so I turn it off, get ready to go ride, it starts and runs good for about 10 minutes, then just dies.

It happened several times, so I pulled the plug to see if it had spark and I noticed that the plug is extremely wet.

I tried adjusting the idle, I tried adjusting the float, but same thing as happened before, it starts and runs good for about 15 minutes.

What is the problem???... please help me its driving me nuts.
I would start by throwing out the crappy Chinese "Z" series spark plug and replacing it with an NGK-BR6HS spark plug.

You would be surprised how many people here in the forums have found that the plug that comes with the these motor kits have been defective, right from the word get go.

Is it getting spark when it dies? You never answered that. Float only regulates fuel level in the bowl. It can starve the carb of fuel or let it overflow if not working properly. It in itself won't flood an engine. Eliminate the spark as the issue when it dies then move on to next.....................................

As gas leaves the tank for use the gas cap vent lets air in so that a vacuum isn't created in the tank to interfere with fuel flowing out. Next time it dies, check for spark and remove the gas cap. If it runs w/o any issue the cap is venting to let proper fuel flow. Same symptoms it's not the cap. The cap issue takes time to diagnose, takes time like 5/10/15min before it will kill the motor. Not something that happens immediately. If you hear a suction sound when removing the cap after the engine running that tells you it's not venting also.

Back