ATC70 Carb on HS142F

Tango2

Local time
5:51 AM
Greetings all,

I join you on this forum by way of my daughters go-kart(HS142F powered). You guys have been a great resource to me and I hope I can contribute in return.

The recent death of the carb has lead me to seek alternates. I've read about stock, CNS, and NT. I was also surprised to read that a genuine Honda carb is actually lower performing due to static design RPM and epa regs.

Doing some digging it looks like the carb from the Honda ATC70 would bolt up with minor modifications. It would be slightly canted, but I don't think it would be enough to effect operation. On paper it should be an excellent match since it's a slide carb like the NT.

Anyone tried this already and have an opinion one way or another?

I remember back in the 3 wheeler days, I had a 200x and wasn't happy with the carb. I swapped a Suzuki RM80 2 stroke carb on it, it was a round slide and remember it really ripped then, especially on top end since it flowed a lot more air. Honda ATV carbs seemed to have better idle mixture and smooth accelerating up to mid range, but didn't let the engine breath at high rpm

Thanks John. I wish there would be higher quality carburetors with rebuild kits offered. A $30 dollar carb on a $100 engine is tough to swallow since I could be in the same boat again. I also just ran across the MBX10 carb which looks similar. I'll report back after digging.

The ATC70 carb was a no go. Its 42mm bolt spacing and offset flange made it a no go. I found that the Doodlebug carb, which was only 9 bucks was a bolt on fit. It even has a built it petcock. It comes with governor linkages, so I had to swap my linkage/ butterfly from the old carb. It runs too rich (which was expected since it's sized for a 100cc) so I think I'll just swap my main jet too. All in all, it's a complete carb with gaskets for less than the gaskets alone. It appears to use the same design as the gxh50 carb so I assume the parts should swap between the two.

The ATC70 carb was a no go. Its 42mm bolt spacing and offset flange made it a no go. I found that the Doodlebug carb, which was only 9 bucks was a bolt on fit. It even has a built it petcock. It comes with governor linkages, so I had to swap my linkage/ butterfly from the old carb. It runs too rich (which was expected since it's sized for a 100cc) so I think I'll just swap my main jet too. All in all, it's a complete carb with gaskets for less than the gaskets alone. It appears to use the same design as the gxh50 carb so I assume the parts should swap between the two.
Keep us informed on how this carb works once tuned correctly. I have been wanting a carb that allows more volume for a while but don't want the clamp on carbs the 2 strokes use.

I switched to a 2 stroke carb with adapter, and really like it !
Even got my chrome air cleaner to work, (couldn't seem to drill out jet right on 4 stroke carb )

Back