augidog at bonneville

Status
Not open for further replies.
a media update

Nick from Reelist Multimedia Productions got in touch today...seems he got the very same run we've seen but from the other side. this is gonna be part of the "World of Speed '08" DVD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD6pAqmN2iY&feature=channel_page

yaknow, this whole MB-adventure...the forums, the rides, the rallies, the races...it's all been quite a bonus...i'm just a bi-polar/ptsd veteran who needed transportation, & i lucked into an accidental leadership role. there's no way anyone could have planned the last 3 years, and there's no way to describe what it's meant to me...

i've said it over and over again: "it's not about me, it's about the bike."

well, that bike has given me my 15-minutes of fame...i'm eternally grateful for those who hung in there & who still do...those who couldn't hang because i was too weird, well...maybe you expected too much of me, and not enuff of yerself.

that said, i'm still richer for the experience. i'm mostly withdrawn anyways, being in the spotlight just heightened the everyday underlying "tensions" of being me. so, if i'm not hangin' out or ridin', i do believe (hope so, anyways) that most folks will still be supportive of my local gebe-outlet...and of course, anyone wanting to visit is always welcome.

:cool:

Last edited:
Cool. Gives me that "Motored Bike riding grin" just watching.

Makes me want to go ride with all my Motorized Brothes and sisters at the rally.When are we building you a fairing for you're bike Augie.

:unsure:

, it's about the bike."

This Youtube quotes it's about the destination.
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=tTBJ3bfsIeQ&NR=1

OK,we have 2 extremes, 30cc Class Bicycle with motor, up to Dodge Viper Class and both has now been done at Bonneville.

I think the next "destination" is a MB "24 hour endurance, "Le-Manz" class.
What else is there to do except ride these things to work, shopping, tinker-rides to a picnic etc etc,

Endurance, who can build MB's to go round and around flat out for 24 hours ,"officially" ?
Who can or will sponsor this type of an event ?
Who can foot the power bill cos it will require a lit track for the night's duration.
Where ?

sittin' at that starting line is truly a unique experience.

http://forums.motorizedbicycleracing.com/tool/post/augidog/vpost?id=2667591

i'm so ready to build an endurance/efficiency roadster, i'm good for a long ride, JE a streamlined front-end would be great for that...so far, we have no takers at MBRA...

with the HT market (finally) taking the right direction (i told ya's so?) we might could see more sponsor-interest...it is kinda pricey gettin' a vehicle to the track, especially that first season, and the time factor is a luxury for most, i understand...i know riders are available for serious sponsors, tho.

oh well, the racing forum's there if it ever happens, ad-free and open to anyone who can get past my personal "politics"...

Last edited:
exactly!

any serious venue will accept a serious effort, gotta start somewhere...maybe someone does a cag-47/gebe, or a hyped HT48, in the 50cc m/c class, gets some attention pedaling outta the turns & keeping up...anything's possible, i know that.

Inspirational!

Would love to do it...but neither me, nor the HoughMade '71' were built for top speed.

....perhaps the next project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back