Austin Texas in tha house

RollingStones

Local time
9:53 PM
Hey everyone!

Im originally from Brazil but live in Austin texas.

a buddy of mine bought a motorized bicycle but ended up having to move to Hawaii not too long ago so I kept the bike. It needed a new carb and throttle so I bought them and after the bike sitting around for almost a year I was able to get it running :cool:.

Once I got it running I decided to strip it all down and rebuild it from the bottom up.

This is what it looked like after I got it running

photo 5.jpg

as of now I stripped everything down and have just finished putting the primer on the frame and will finish the color and clear coat tonight.

I have a hub and bushings coming tomorrow because the rear wheel is in horrible shape and my buddy took out the shifter and the chain would always skip gears and fall off. So I would like to get a new single speed rear wheel but have no idea where to find one with 12 gauge spokes and the correct number of spokes for the 9 hole hub and bushing. I would also like to get 20" or 24" rim for the back and have a bigger 26" wheel in the front.

I plan on having white seat with white wall tires and grips, red hubs off course and rolling stones stickers on it giving it the tongue theme.

Holla if ya hear me and wanna give me some pointers!

First build no previous motor or electrical experience.

Welcome to the forum. Many things can be done with the banana seat. I've seen members suspend the rear of the banana seat with a big spring instead of a sissy bar.

Thx wheelbender6! Do u have any examples of what you mean by a spring holding the seat?

I would like to see what it looks like. I'm basically attempting to achieve that look of the seat being in front of the back wheel.

So far the banana seat or the stingray seat are the only ones that I've felt would give me that look.

Finding a sissy bar that will keep my seat just an inch or two away from the wheel has been a challenge.

welcome aboard RollingStones!
once you've got that thing running reliably, give me a message and we can go riding. i'm based in the east side of town but commute to work 13 miles all of the way up on the north side. i'm in the process of building up a GEBE performance bike so you can have something to compare your rig to once you're done with it.

Appreciate it LR Jerry!

Cpuaid, I'm down man. I live around Mueller over by 51st and Cameron. Do u have a working bike right now? Mine should be riding by the end of the weekend!

Here are some banana seat pics. Lowrider guys are the banana seat experts and they are very creative.
Check out the links below my pics too. One link is from this site where bluegoatwoods added some major seat springs, though it wasn't a banana seat.
bully3.jpg

bully7.jpg

IMG_2400_zpsb1c09dfb.jpg

012-12.jpg

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/in...ur-banana-seat-bikes-mo-nanna-mo-betta.64807/
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/lets-see-some-lowriders.26463/
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?43056-Added-good-springs-to-my-saddle

Appreciate it LR Jerry!

Cpuaid, I'm down man. I live around Mueller over by 51st and Cameron. Do u have a working bike right now? Mine should be riding by the end of the weekend!

you're right on my commute route. i come back that way and turn off on the street in front of the dell children's hospital on the way home. i'm on airport blvd. right across from dan's hamburgers and govalle park. i've got several working bikes on hand. so whenever you're ready, lets ride!

You still in Austin, TX riding your MB? I'm in the process of finishing up my ride. Love to hear your feedback on Cops in Austin. I haven't any negative stuff yet but always good to get feedback when I can.

Back