Carby Authentic vm22-133

jwr3k

Local time
8:51 AM
Hi y'all,

So last month I got a cheap knock-off vm22 carburetor, only to find that the jets it takes are not the same as the OEM stock Mikuni vm22 jets. Obviously I need a carb that I can get jets for. Because of this and a few other issues, I've decided to invest in an authentic Mikuni vm22-133 carb, or at least a well-made knock-off that uses authentic jets. I have seen some affordable knock-offs that look Identical to the real deal, only to discover they don't use authentic jets. there are so many knock-offs on ebay and amazon that I don't know where to start. It's looking like the only option that fit's my criteria is one of the supposedly authentic vm22-133 for about $112-$135 on ebay or amazon. Is this a good option? If I'm spending over a bill, I want something worthwhile. Does anyone know where to purchase a quality vm22? Also, I assume the standard vm22 jetting kits that are all over ebay and amazon would work with an authentic vm22? I already have these jets, so that would be convenient. I'm mainly concerned with quality though, so if I have to get different jets, so be it. Summing up, Are there any affordable vm22 knock-offs that use authentic jets? If not, where is a good place to purchase a legit vm22? And how much am I looking to spend?

Thanks,
J

Hi y'all,

So last month I got a cheap knock-off vm22 carburetor, only to find that the jets it takes are not the same as the OEM stock Mikuni vm22 jets. Obviously I need a carb that I can get jets for. Because of this and a few other issues, I've decided to invest in an authentic Mikuni vm22-133 carb, or at least a well-made knock-off that uses authentic jets. I have seen some affordable knock-offs that look Identical to the real deal, only to discover they don't use authentic jets. there are so many knock-offs on ebay and amazon that I don't know where to start. It's looking like the only option that fit's my criteria is one of the supposedly authentic vm22-133 for about $112-$135 on ebay or amazon. Is this a good option? If I'm spending over a bill, I want something worthwhile. Does anyone know where to purchase a quality vm22? Also, I assume the standard vm22 jetting kits that are all over ebay and amazon would work with an authentic vm22? I already have these jets, so that would be convenient. I'm mainly concerned with quality though, so if I have to get different jets, so be it. Summing up, Are there any affordable vm22 knock-offs that use authentic jets? If not, where is a good place to purchase a legit vm22? And how much am I looking to spend?

Thanks,
J
I have one that is like new, maybe 2hrs running time at the most on it, ran like a champ on a 212, but wanted to try a true mikuni flatslide, so bought one, and that's where I'm at, but will part with it, now this is the real deal, can send pics if interested

Go to you local motorcycle shop. I've talked to the nearest one to me before and they had a handful of used ones with nothing wrong for 50 bucks a piece. And yes, they were genuine mikuni carbs

I have one that is like new, maybe 2hrs running time at the most on it, ran like a champ on a 212, but wanted to try a true mikuni flatslide, so bought one, and that's where I'm at, but will part with it, now this is the real deal, can send pics if interested
Cruzr47 what is that carb worth? I'm looking for another 212 carb. Thanks.

Genuine VM22-133 carbs are usually a bit over 100 bucks brand new from most retailers.

Summit Racing has them listed on their site for 95 bucks at the moment.

Give me til the weekend to finish this ghost motor, to make sure I aint going to run it on the ghost, because they are a heavy carb, but I have extra jets [main and pilot] as well as intakes, more than llikely i will let it go due to ii being a heavy carb

Back