Auto-Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started this build a couple weeks ago just to see if. It's coming together. The exhaust header was a real head scratcher, it was coming off the engine right beside the hinge. I still want the bike to fold when it's all done. Just a sample, stay tuned. 50cc bust or boon.

Attachments

• Automini.jpg
    Automini.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 1,243
I almost got away with not needing a chain tensioner, but she's a little loose. Any recommendations on making one, I think the ones in the kits are going to be useless on this bike because of the angle of the chain.

Chain tensioner is figgered out. Hopefully little derailer gear doesn't meld down, otherwise I'll have to buy a metal one.
Here's a list of the parts.

Attachments

• IMG_0630.JPG
    IMG_0630.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 370
The spring is missing from the list above, the one I bought was too long. I'll have to return it for a shorter one in the morning.

That header rocks. Well worth the effort! Most motorized folder bikes have a friction drive kit over the back wheel,

That header rocks. Well worth the effort! Most motorized folder bikes have a friction drive kit over the back wheel,

Are you talking about a centrifugal Clutch? I thought about one like that for this snowblower motor I have, which I was going to put over rear tire.
Then I had that motor left over from another build, so I say "What the Hey!" try it on 20" wheels.
Stay tuned, more pictures to come.

OK, I got the tensioner done. Now to throw it on the bike and take a couple of other pieces off for paint.

Attachments

• IMG_0632.JPG
    IMG_0632.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 260
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back