automatic 2 gear jackshaft

I finally had some free time this weekend... I have the first version of the holder for the second shaft, I attach some pictures:

IMG_20180930_203018.jpg
IMG_20180930_203014.jpg
IMG_20180930_203007.jpg

Next step is to make holes for the bearing and install it on the bike. I'll probably cut the U-bolt, these are too long.

A little bit more work done yesterday night, it is ready for the first test, I hope this weekend.

IMG_20181002_231817.jpg

If that is aluminum it may be flimsy, think about box tube slice to replace it, give support across the top. Just my thought, looks good .........Curt

If that is aluminum it may be flimsy, think about box tube slice to replace it, give support across the top. Just my thought, looks good .........Curt

I know... I felt it while making it, I just want to see if everything fits, if it does, I'll make it out of stronger material. This is aluminium out of an old Mac pro I had around...

It's 1200 rpm, but it's located after the 1:4 reduction, so about 5k on the motor

That will leave you less than 2k rpm left for 2nd gear unless you ungovern the engine.
I know, after testing I may change the where it gears up, but I need to test it first. I don't want more then 30mph I just want it to accelerate faster.

Back