automatic 2 gear jackshaft

for 2 stroke? I'm doing a 4 so there's nothing off the shelf really I can adapt,,
you're doing good I actually have few tools just a handful of machines.
believe if I had sheet metal stuff or could weld things would be a lot simpler

LOL ! Don’t know why more don’t get welders, I taught myself. 50 + years ago bought mu uncles torch, started brazing. Built a lot of stuff, then bought a buzz box, then later bought a mig with gas, it is now maybe 30 years old. Paid for itself many times over............Curt

A little more done today, some pics here:

Whats with that giant right side sprocket??? What is your secondary gear ratio going to be? Are you using a separate chain on the right side from your 2nd gear drive chain, or no pedals attached at all? Is this a custom small engine motorcycle, or a motor assisted bicycle? Beyond awesome work, just curious where its going.

Last edited:
Whats with that giant right side sprocket??? What is your secondary gear ratio going to be? Are you using a separate chain on the right side from your 2nd gear drive chain, or no pedals attached at all? Is this a custom small engine motorcycle, or a motor assisted bicycle?
One gear on each side, each with its own chain, no pedaling, first gear is 10:48 with freewheel, second gear is 10:36 (both after the 1:4 reduction of the belt transmission).

It’s good. I see what you did there 👍 Will ya tie the al box in to the engine js plate?

Almost forgot lol. The high gear chain will stretch way more.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's pretty cool! Looks like it'll be a blast to ride.

Only thing I have to add, for when you finalize everything ofc, is switch the orientation of your master link (round edge towards chain travel) and invest in some axle adjusters. They'll help a lot with managing chains on both sides of wheel.

Back