avenger 85 vs phantom 85

That works out to 188 dollars each on a order of 60 to Canada,I wonder what they would be shipped here.
Exactly the same. $80 per kit, minimum 60 kits, Shipping costf or 60 kits is $6,485. = $108.085 +$80 = $188.08 per kit, USD. It costs about the same to ship to the US as it does to Canada by cargo container. Same ocean to cross. The Canadians will likely have some extra costs associated with the importation too, like VAT.

Then who was the original seller then???

Zane is the one who made such a splashy fuss over them and made mention he deals exclusively with the factory that makes them for import to the USA.
These guys sold it first. They designed it and had it made in China

Too bad the Chinese aren't making it as good as these guys did when they started it off...Probably why they aren't involved in it any longer.

There is such a thing as patents, trademarks, copyrights etc...They should have done this to protect themselves and their intellectual property and product...If they had, they could have wound up with something that would be best in class in our little hobby/sport.

Too bad the Chinese aren't making it as good as these guys did when they started it off...Probably why they aren't involved in it any longer.

There is such a thing as patents, trademarks, copyrights etc...They should have done this to protect themselves and their intellectual property and product...If they had, they could have wound up with something that would be best in class in our little hobby/sport.

I think it is also interesting that the picture supposedly showing the original creator's of the Avenger 85 holding the motor that there is a reed valve attached to the intake which probably also means a windowed piston too...Zanes Avenger 85 from China has neither of these items in the Avenger that he offers for sale.

These guy's build, race, and sell their motor products to the public, why would they sell their Avenger to China if they actually created it first???

Screenshot_2024-05-28_08-24-15.png

I think it is also interesting that the picture supposedly showing the original creator's of the Avenger 85 holding the motor that there is a reed valve attached to the intake which probably also means a windowed piston too...Zanes Avenger 85 from China has neither of these items in the Avenger that he offers for sale.

These guy's build, race, and sell their motor products to the public, why would they sell their Avenger to China if they actually created it first???

View attachment 213895
Who else would they get to manufacture it? There are no factories that I know of anywhere else in the world that make these types of engines. It's really the only logical way to produce them at a low price.

Who else would they get to manufacture it? There are no factories that I know of anywhere else in the world that make these types of engines. It's really the only logical way to produce them at a low price.
My post was more to point out that what these guys built and raced as an Avenger is not what is being manufactured and sold as an Avenger.
Therefore we cannot say that "These guys sold it first. They designed it and had it made in China".

What they "sold first" would have had the windowed piston along with the reed valve shown in the pic.

What CMB, Zane is selling that is now called an avenger is NOT the design the original guys came up with and is NOT what is now called an Avenger made in China.

I think it is also interesting that the picture supposedly showing the original creator's of the Avenger 85 holding the motor that there is a reed valve attached to the intake which probably also means a windowed piston too.
Zanes Avenger 85 from China has neither of these items in the Avenger that he offers for sale.

I'm going to be getting an avenger 85 after I move, and I have a phantom 85, so I'll be willing to do a backyard comparison. I think I will like the cooling of the avenger and will likely stick with it, especially since my bike will need better cooling for higher speed

I'm going to be getting an avenger 85 after I move, and I have a phantom 85, so I'll be willing to do a backyard comparison. I think I will like the cooling of the avenger and will likely stick with it, especially since my bike will need better cooling for higher speed
And I will be eagerly reading your results.

I'll look for some good back roads or smooth trails to hit. I really don't like the idea of riding on a curvy highway into town

Back