Average Miles per Gallon (MPG)

Stuff

I get from around 212 to 238 mpg (218 last time I checked a week ago) on this bike:

CIMG3640.jpg

The motor is an EHO 35 Robin Subaru.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get over 200 MPG with my Honda GXH50 with a Grubee gearbox mounted on a Schwinn Jaguar. I am using a 36 tooth sprocket. I was surprised because I didn't think the gas mileage would be that high. It's probably because I'm using the smaller sprocket. One of these days I'll put the 56 tooth sprocket on that came with the kit and see what difference it makes.

Monster - just curious as to where you came up with the 40% efficiency number for power generating stations?

In any event, they'e in the 40% range, there's absolutely no way that their emissions would be the same as if cars were using the amount of fuel. Large permanent installations (power plants and the like) are able to use sophisticated scrubbers and precipitators to reduce all emissions (with the exception of carbon dioxide) to near zero. (In addition, since combustion is not forced to take place in fractions of a millisecond, as in an internal combustion engine, nearly 100 percent of the fuel is burned, resulting in near zero hydrocarbon and much lower nitrous oxides being produced in the first place.) Overall, these factors result in MUCH lower emissions than auto emissions standards, let alone CARB II.

Last edited:
speaking of... http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/24/us/24lawn.html

"...Gallon for gallon — or, given the size of lawnmower tanks, quart for quart — the 2006 lawn mower engines contribute 93 times more smog-forming emissions than 2006 cars, according to the California Air Resources Board. In California, lawn mowers provided more than 2 percent of the smog-forming pollution from all engines..."

and that's the number for four strokes!!

About 100 MPG avg. on both 48cc and 70cc 2-stroke HT engines.

Last edited by a moderator:
It gets kinda tough to determine exact mileage after you get up past 100 mpg. The variation in how full you fill your tank, etc. I was trying to monitor mine so I could do the math after several tank fulls. However, today I ran out of gas and added some from a gas can I had. So much for the math. All that really matters is that I'm not losing any sleep over the price. I was at the gas station the other day and there was a lady there with her new Escalade. She was so proud. All I could think was that I'm pretty proud of my trike, and I didn't just put $108 in gas in it.

my gebe 33cc subaru started out about 175mpg and kept getting better, best was 225mpg. i put that on a three wheeler and gave it to a kid with ms. im building a new kit with a 35cc honda. i weigh about 260lbs. probably should peddle more. ride on

According to my bicycle travel computer, I have gone 58 miles so far on this tank of gas. The tank is only a half gallon. It looks like I still have enough gas to go a good 5 more miles. I am guessing my bike gets around 130 mpg. The engine is a 70cc happy time, from thatsdax. I am probably running it a bit richer than I need to. I could lean it out and get even better mileage. I'm totally loving my bike!

Back