Average Miles per Gallon (MPG)

On using ethanol free gas I do not get that 75 MPG I only get about half of it every trip I have been gasping on looking into the tank how low, one night ran out about 4 miles short of what would normally would have made it so I'm going back to ethanol 10% today.

On using ethanol free gas I do not get that 75 MPG I only get about half of it every trip I have been gasping on looking into the tank how low, one night ran out about 4 miles short of what would normally would have made it so I'm going back to ethanol 10% today.
You'll get better mileage if you pedal more.

I suspect you're running a rich mixture, the grade of the gasoline should not have that big an effect on the mileage.

I suspect you're running a rich mixture, the grade of the gasoline should not have that big an effect on the mileage.
I think it has something to do with the cc because this is a 100cc and sucks gas compared to an 80cc.
I did drop the needle a notch just recently though plug was brown & white.

There's a lot of things that can effect fuel mileage on small motorized bikes, most often it's wind. I've gotten as little as 70 mpg on a four-stroke 100 cc bike ridden into the teeth of a Summer gale here on the coast of Oregon, add in some hills with adverse wind coming down them and you could see as little as 60 mpg. And this is on a motorbike that regularly gets over 100 mpg when ridden in low wind with moderate hills, rides.

Two strokes will get worse. My '75 Honda MT250 Elsinore would normally get about 50 to 65 mpg at about 55 mph. I made a weekend run into Crater Lake to K'Falls from the coast and saw as little as 24 mpg as I was climbing to 7000 feet and fighting a east wind at 20 mph. I filled up in Roseburg and was on the reserve just a few miles from the pass at the Crater Lake rim village. luckily there's a gas station at Fort Klamath or I would have been walking that beast.

There's a lot of things that can effect fuel mileage on small motorized bikes, most often it's wind. I've gotten as little as 70 mpg on a four-stroke 100 cc bike ridden into the teeth of a Summer gale here on the coast of Oregon, add in some hills with adverse wind coming down them and you could see as little as 60 mpg. And this is on a motorbike that regularly gets over 100 mpg when ridden in low wind with moderate hills, rides.

Two strokes will get worse. My '75 Honda MT250 Elsinore would normally get about 50 to 65 mpg at about 55 mph. I made a weekend run into Crater Lake to K'Falls from the coast and saw as little as 24 mpg as I was climbing to 7000 feet and fighting a east wind at 20 mph. I filled up in Roseburg and was on the reserve just a few miles from the pass at the Crater Lake rim village. luckily there's a gas station at Fort Klamath or I would have been walking that beast.
Omg only 24 a gal!!! Jesus that had to have been steep.

Oh ya, the answer is blowing in the wind! What kind of a reptilian creature can sniff an answer out of the wind? Had to throw that one in the song.
But, the wind blowing 20 MPH and your bike does average of 25 MPH and the hell oh yes the hell. I bend over to try and decrease my wind drag might get me 1-3 MPH not a hell of a lot just a hope.

You'll get better mileage if you pedal more.
True I suppose if you have all your gears instead of waiting on climbing a steep hill instead of waiting until the engine is almost dead, start pedaling while you have good speed drop your gear to third or forth gear it's much easier pedaling than 1st gear when it's almost dead and you know the hill to begin with and you ain't gonna make or its really iffy!

Back